Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perfect PSI tire inflator recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I am always trying to get all my tires symmetrically inflated to the same PSI when I drive my Model 3P. My biggest issue is that I have an inflator which takes quite some time to release from the wheel as I try to unscrew it, which causes some air to release from the tires and causes small asymmetry in PSIs sometimes. I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation on a quick release tire inflator (if such a thing exists) that I can just plug into my power outlet at home or plug into the car?

Get a compressor (Amazon or wherever, they're not particularly expensive) and a Longacre inflation gauge.

I like my Husky portable ac/dc compressor with lever (not screw) valve attachment and ability to indicate the desired PSI (with .5 PSI incremental setting) prior to activation. It shuts off automatically when the desired PSI is reached. I always take into account whether the tire is hot or cold when indicating the setting. I usually plug it into the 12v port on the car, but have also plugged it into the wall on occasion. It’s very accurate, but I also really like a quality gauge to confirm.

exactly just get any new inflator -- without screw on cap -- and a handheld gauge. The air pump I use is ~30 years old and still kicking. Of course the gauge on it has never been accurate, as I have to pump it to ~50 lbs, which is 42 lbs with the handheld.