Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perforated leather repair/replace - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently an animal (mouse?) got into my car overnight and chewed the leather seat. #$%#^@, right?

Apart from needing to dispose of said mouse, the seating surface on one of the rear passenger seats has a large chew hole about 1" in diameter. %^$&#*@

What are my options for repair? I have never encountered this in all my years of car ownership. And I have no idea why this seat was chosen - there was not any food residue on it. Is it possible to replace that leather surface? I don't think a small repair of just the damage will be possible.

Thanks!

Rats will eat anything lol. Since it chose that seat, and they are perforated, something may have spilled on the seat before and soaked into the foam. Which is what the little guy was probably trying to get. Maybe try an upholstery shop? Tesla will probably sell you another seat. If it's the third row seat, then the seat cushion can be replaced by itself.

Rats will eat anything lol. Since it chose that seat, and they are perforated, something may have spilled on the seat before and soaked into the foam. Which is what the little guy was probably trying to get. Maybe try an upholstery shop? Tesla will probably sell you another seat. If it's the third row seat, then the seat cushion can be replaced by itself.

I'll have to reach out. It's the second row seat, alas.