Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perforated seats durability?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No update... I checked my wives shoes and pants, not obvious object that could have caused the damage.
How about a purse or handbag that was placed on the floor of the driver seat. Then... the 2nd row was moved forward causing the driver's seat to move forward and get pierced by the purse or handbag.

Another thought was pointed fingernails that inadvertently were positioned toward the front of the driver seat.

I was at the meet Model X event yesterday in Highland Park, and I saw identical holes in the Ultra White leather. The only difference was that the holes were on the left second row seats. I will do a full rundown of the seats in my car once I get it (Should be a few weeks?) :biggrin:

With all these concerns about the fragility of pleather and leather seats, anybody here opted to get the standard multi-pattern black seats?
Well, I did when I confirmed my X90D a couple of hours ago, but still considering tan leather. I have 1 week to decide.

With all these concerns about the fragility of pleather and leather seats, anybody here opted to get the standard multi-pattern black seats?
Well, I did when I confirmed my X90D a couple of hours ago, but still considering tan leather. I have 1 week to decide.
I have only seen issues with the white pleather seats. What is wrong with the upgrade tan/black ones?

BTW I have black ventilated leather in a 15 year old Acura and aside from some minor creases in the non ventilated part, they are in perfect shape. I just give them a little Armor All every several months and maybe once a year some leather conditioner.

We discovered another issue. If you leave the 3rd row seats folded down, which I planned to do almost all of the time, be prepared for significant creases in the leather. Can't decide if I will live with the creases or go through the hassle of folding and unfolding the seats since we will very rarely use them.

This thread is seriously making me consider spending the $500 to change to black leather. Creases are more hidden, and the leather appears (anecdotally, of course) to be more durable than the synthetic.

Based on the latest info from the Model X tour that I posted a link to earlier in this thread, I am no longer considering paying $500 to switch to the white synthetic.

This is cause for concern, as I have a Pearl White on White 90D ordered for my limo business. Considering that we have lots of people getting in and out of the car, I'm really hoping that there isn't an issue with durability.

Has anyone followed up successfully with Tesla Service as to whether this would be an ongoing future issue? Otherwise I'll consider switching from white to tan.