Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perforated seats durability?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for the pictures Ohhhman.

So I called the local service center and after asking around, told me that the white will only come in perforated version. The fan and heated seats just won't work on them. Of course is plausible they haven't heard yet.

An earlier post stated that non perforated seats haven't been manufactured yet (to good reason), I don't really know for certain that the ultra white vegan will be one of them.

Sounds like it will, but without confirmation, I can only wait and keep my black seats. Service center calling factory tomorrow to find out. Non perforated white sounds perfect. I've always wanted white seats.

These looks like a good idea, but the reviews say they die your seats, so I would be careful.
Thanks, I saw those reviews. They reformulated the mats since those reports (you'll notice those are all back in 2007/08 timeframe). I have a white felt liner in the center of the seat under each one until I am sure they are safe. But I definitely appreciate you pointing it out.

Thanks, I saw those reviews. They reformulated the mats since those reports (you'll notice those are all back in 2007/08 timeframe). I have a white felt liner in the center of the seat under each one until I am sure they are safe. But I definitely appreciate you pointing it out.

Didn't notice that, I was just going to buy the same ones, as they were $7 on amazon, but remembered you had white seats, so thought I would share if you didn't see it. I ended up getting the diano mats for mine just incase.

• Helpful
Reactions: ohmman
As a follow up to the seat belt extenders, I received my 5" this week and we've been using them. I think they're the perfect size. My kids both say they're really easy to reach, and they're low enough that the belt goes properly under the armrest. Photo for those who are considering/need them:
IMG_1824.JPG

• Helpful
Reactions: TpGn and GoTslaGo
As a follow up to the seat belt extenders, I received my 5" this week and we've been using them. I think they're the perfect size. My kids both say they're really easy to reach, and they're low enough that the belt goes properly under the armrest. Photo for those who are considering/need them:View attachment 171521

Thank you ohmman for yet another informative picture! I'll go with the 5" as well. Anybody with 7 seats who know if the middle seat will accept the same extender? I guess the third row uses the same anyway.

Still no response from tesla. I called the factory, went to the design studio, spoke to the service center and no one can assure that a white interior model x can come with no perforation.

I was told that non-perforated seats will come with leather with no premium package but the white seats aren't leather and I was answered with... That's a good question.

I ordered my 70d with black seats after seeing the tears when I drove the demo vehicles. Though I really want white, I have kids and am worried about tears and/or liquids seeping through.

So I just got an email from factory headquarters.

"I just asked one our supervisors and he told me all white seat a perforated at this point. We do not have a date when that will change."

Now I'm so confused. Never been so confused before buying anything. Much less a something north of 80k.

If I switch to white non premium for my 70d, I may still get the perforated seats. If I get non perforated, I wonder if I get pushed to the back of the line. How disheartening.

BrettH- Do you have a link to that tweet? Does anyone?
Two of my white perforated seats have small tears across the perfs and I really want them fixed/replaced. When purchasing I was told they would be as strong as leather. My 2001 Toyota Sienna has 16 years and 215,000 miles on it's leather seats without a tear.
I remember the tweet but haven't found it again. I did give a copy of it to my SC (Bellevue, WA) many months ago but no response. I've lost the location since then.

BrettH- Do you have a link to that tweet? Does anyone?
Two of my white perforated seats have small tears across the perfs and I really want them fixed/replaced. When purchasing I was told they would be as strong as leather. My 2001 Toyota Sienna has 16 years and 215,000 miles on it's leather seats without a tear.
I remember the tweet but haven't found it again. I did give a copy of it to my SC (Bellevue, WA) many months ago but no response. I've lost the location since then.
From what I recall, that post was almost a year ago (~March 2016) and it was referring to a section of the seat that needed stronger backing. I think they improved the durability a long time ago and I don't think it had anything to do with preventing perforation tears.

--Update: Found it--
x5XSseJ.jpg

From what I recall, that post was almost a year ago (~March 2016) and it was referring to a section of the seat that needed stronger backing. I think they improved the durability a long time ago and I don't think it had anything to do with preventing perforation tears.

x5XSseJ.jpg
Elon has also reported that the Ultra White is doing the best in durability and stain tests, btw.

We're getting it on our next Teslas as it feels like a million dollars, and has the added benefit of being far more environmentally friendly (and a better moral choice to boot):

http://gizmodo.com/how-leather-is-slowly-killing-the-people-and-places-tha-1572678618

Stella McCartney Leather Exposé For Peta; Animal Activist | Global Animal

Hi guys, I am awaiting delivery of my MX with white perforated seats and this thread is scarying the hell out of me. I emailed my CS about this and she reassured me that it's an issue (ha!). Did anyone consider seat covers (I know it's not recommended) or some sort of other seat protection (coating, etc)?

Anyone with better experiences with the perforated Ultra white seats since these posts? Have they improved the durability or do they still tear?
Last day before my order of UW + PUP becomes final and I didn't like the leather because of the creases.

Anyone with better experiences with the perforated Ultra white seats since these posts? Have they improved the durability or do they still tear?
Last day before my order of UW + PUP becomes final and I didn't like the leather because of the creases.

I've had the UW + PUP since July, and almost 10,000 miles with them. They still look like new. I've never had a problem with any of them tearing and they are so comfortable! I do keep a pack of baby wipes in the car, so if the kids make a mess, or someone spills something, I make sure to wipe it up right away.

Reactions: Xa4Tesl@
Anyone have problems with the leather stretching on perforated seats? My driver seat has started getting a fold where I sit. Seems as if the leather has stretched a bit. Doesn`t look good. None of the other seats in the car have stretched like this. And I`ve had regular and nextgen seats in S85 and S90D without this kind for deformation.

I`m below 90kg, so not very heavy. The car has done approx. 7000 miles. I`ll post pics later today, but I plan to send the pictures to my service advisor as it`s far too early to see this kind of stretch/wear of a seat.