Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perforated White Seats - Tearing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BigD0g

Jan 12, 2017
Somewhere
Anyone else had the perforated white seats tear prematurely? My car is less then 1.5yrs old and the backseat has been used maybe 20 times or so, and it's developed a tear around the passenger side butt cheek.

I've found this thread: Perforated seats durability?
This thread: Model Xs in Buena Park Showroom & Service Center

This: White seat tears | Tesla

And this tweet:
Elon Musk on Twitter

Anyone had any luck with the SC?

Mine seems to be preliminary indicating they are going to fix it with a leather guy ( who pays TBD ), but indicated it will not be as strong as when it was new, to which I responded umm, it wasn't very strong to begin with....

Now to be fair, my SC has been amazing, they get me right in, they take great care of the car, they even give me firmware updates!! But, this is a large load of bull kaka the seats, I'd be scared to death what would happen to these seats of they were high usage. Pics to come next post!

• Informative
Reactions: alcibiades
Pics!

B28BEEED-9ECA-4B1F-A9EB-97962FD1CDF7.jpeg B119DCD1-573D-44C6-B2C8-5F19F148D848.jpeg

Looks more like damage due to something being thrown in or pressed hard on it. An unlikely place/shape to be wear related.

Yes, totally possible I guess, but the material is so thin and flimsy I almost consider a manf. defect, since Tesla only had these seats for about two weeks before they killed the entire notion of ventilation. And at the time, there was no indication of perforated rear seats. And given the usage of the rear seat it's kinda appalling.

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
Yes, totally possible I guess, but the material is so thin and flimsy I almost consider a manf. defect, since Tesla only had these seats for about two weeks before they killed the entire notion of ventilation. And at the time, there was no indication of perforated rear seats. And given the usage of the rear seat it's kinda appalling.
My wife's 5 year old A6 with perforated seats has precisely zero tears. Usage includes but is not limited to: children, children fighting, car seats, dogs, thrown in backpacks, umbrellas, rocks, music cases, clothes with rivets, etc.

Knock on wood, my X's perforated white seats have yet to tear. Nice denim stains, tho.

Reactions: BigD0g