Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance 3 really needs basic differentiating features (dash, console, etc.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The performance 3 really needs a few basic interior/exterior differences to differentiate it from the LR. Maybe it could be a package for a nominal price.

1. carbon fiber dash strip
  2. unique center console materials
  3. performance steering wheel
  4. carbon fiber trim panels on window switches/door button
At the very least, I feel like the dash strip should be carbon fiber on the performance car. Seems like a dead simple thing to do to help set off this higher trim car.

Tesla has never done this for any performance variant. It is surprising they don't have more small enhancements to make the highest performance tier a little more enticing. Maybe eventually, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Urgh, no. Carbon fibre in interiors, whilst an expensive material, just looks cheap. Doesn’t matter what car it’s in.

A selection of different woods for the dash would be nice though. A dark satin ash would look great in the black interior.

But one thing that’s nice about the Model 3 is that it doesn’t have all the shouty tat that most manufacturers put on their sporty variant. It’s discreet.

Urgh, no. Carbon fibre in interiors, whilst an expensive material, just looks cheap. Doesn’t matter what car it’s in.

A selection of different woods for the dash would be nice though. A dark satin ash would look great in the black interior.

But one thing that’s nice about the Model 3 is that it doesn’t have all the shouty tat that most manufacturers put on their sporty variant. It’s discreet.

Exactly. Not everyone wants to spend $60-70k to look like they're driving a car from Fast and Furious. Performs like one? Sign me up...looks like one? meh, I'll downgrade thanks.

I mean, maybe some subtle carbon fiber interior trim would be nice, too. I can’t believe that there aren’t better sports seats for the Performance. Hell, I’ve only got an SR+, and the seats don’t offer near enough lateral support for what that model is capable of. I can’t imagine how thrown around the cabin you Performance people are...

Yes, I agree. But would say more fender flares (widebody), vents or something to give an aggressive stance.

Widebody-Tesla-Model-3-Rotiform-SPF-Tuning-5.jpg

Personally I like that they put the extra $$$ into things that MAKE it performance, not bling. If you want bling, there are no end of after-market bolt ons.

I lost all respect for BMW when they started piping fake exhaust sounds into the cabin via the audio system of the M-series.

Indeed. In the good old days the M3s/M5s came with a fancy batch on the back and maybe a different speedo colour if you were lucky. the rest was all under the hood, engine, suspension, reinforced frame etc. They were true "M" versions of their cars. No bling needed.

If ppl want bling they can go on aliexpress. The Performance Model 3 is fine.

I mean, maybe some subtle carbon fiber interior trim would be nice, too. I can’t believe that there aren’t better sports seats for the Performance. Hell, I’ve only got an SR+, and the seats don’t offer near enough lateral support for what that model is capable of. I can’t imagine how thrown around the cabin you Performance people are...

I can’t imagine people are driving on public roads that require more bolstered seats. I’ve had several cars with big bolstered seats such as Audi, SRT, and others. I’ve had my performance for a year and never felt the seats needed bigger bolsters. They are super comfortable. Ventilation would be nice.

this car was expensive enough, no need to jack up the price for things many people don’t want to or need. I can make the changes I want to. You can’t make the car faster, might as well leave some cosmetic things to mod.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tres_Azul
I can’t imagine people are driving on public roads that require more bolstered seats. I’ve had several cars with big bolstered seats such as Audi, SRT, and others. I’ve had my performance for a year and never felt the seats needed bigger bolsters. They are super comfortable. Ventilation would be nice.

this car was expensive enough, no need to jack up the price for things many people don’t want to or need. I can make the changes I want to. You can’t make the car faster, might as well leave some cosmetic things to mod.

Maybe for your straight american highways it's ok and possible european motorways too. But for our rural australian roads i think more bolstering is required. like its not essential but it would be nice to have.

Indeed. In the good old days the M3s/M5s came with a fancy batch on the back and maybe a different speedo colour if you were lucky. the rest was all under the hood, engine, suspension, reinforced frame etc. They were true "M" versions of their cars. No bling needed.

If ppl want bling they can go on aliexpress. The Performance Model 3 is fine.

Ironically, one of the things I liked about my 2002 M5 was that it did have several other unique features like M specific wheels, M specific seat options (2 in fact), M specific colors (Lemans Blue was M only at the time), the aforementioned speedo, front and rear bumpers (although the 540 Msport got the front too), and a few other options as well. Heck, make it part of a $2K appearance pkg!

Reactions: Eddie1218
Tesla needs a Motorsports division. Hopefully Unplugged Performance/Mountain Pass Perf will be bought out by Tesla in the next few years.

there are no touring races for electric cars (yet) so there is no need for a motorsports division (yet).

I mean, it could be coming. I'm sure with i.e. a 300-400kw charging system a 100kwh battery can recharged rather swiftly on the track in 10min. It will damage the battery but those racing batteries will only be used for 1-2 races anyway.