Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance 3 really needs basic differentiating features (dash, console, etc.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I personally am glad the car retains a classy subdued style; not to say better seats or some mild options wouldn't be appreciated; I don't need more attention as I already went RED ;)

I feel the aftermarket is the answer but Tesla does leave $ on the table by not being a part of that action.

Reactions: XLR82XS
If you wanted to differentiate the Performance, screw the aftermarket garbage - make the P lighter. Lighter materials, better performance in every aspect. Rotors is one of the first changes I’ll look to make when I go for weight savings (I’d say wheels, but I love the P wheels).

Just the opposite feeling here. I've recently had a Shelby and still have an AMG and they both have so much tack-on and gaudiness added to them to differentiate from the base models. All I really care about is performance and the extra bling is too look-at-me showy. When I shopped for the 3, I was so excited to find the stealth performance... point is, even the differences that already exist are a bit much for some. That said, the aftermarket offerings could be a bit stronger so that those who like the looks mods could do more to stand apart.

Reactions: Msjulie
I think AMG does it right with a lot of tasteful changes to make the car look more "sporty" but not cheesy/ricer. I don't think a CF spoiler and 20" wheels really differentiate a M3P from a M3 enough. Maybe M3P specific paint colors or interior. Possible a little more aggressive front and rear valence. The aftermarket addresses this and I plan to make some tasteful changes but factory is always better.

Reactions: MagnusMako
— I want a faster car because i enjoy the exhilaration of driving a performance car
— i want a car that shouts performance so everyone else will be jealous

Isn't their a 3rd school of thought?

"I want a faster car because i enjoy the exhilaration of driving a performance car and want others to know so they'll line up at the traffic lights!"

P.S. I haven't had one Mustang, Camaro, Charger pull up to a light with me in the past year of ownership. I can't tell if they think I'm driving a grocery getter or the don't want to be left standing. Exotic owners do try surprisingly.

+1 on an optional pckg. that has better seats, with adj. length thigh support, better bolstering, and ventilation. Even around Phoenix's 1mi. x 1mi. grid, I frequently find myself longing for better bolsters. (...and some more front camber) Every time I leave the valley, I wish for longer seat bottom/better thigh support, and less sweaty material/more air flow.

Also +1 for understated and subtle exterior differentiation from non-PUP vehicles, if any. As others have pointed out, the visually shouty bits are unwelcome attention getters around these parts. As a fervent de-badger of all things automotive, I loathe the thought of more taped-on shiny plastic trash to remove.

Lastly, I see no reason why a PUP should be limited to the P variant. The 'out of the box' handling dynamic with the oem 18" wheel/tire package definitely favors the lighter SR+ trim. Would've been super cool to get a PUP with better seats, brakes and suspension on the SR+. (RWD LR would be even better, but its dead. :()

Reactions: BetterSlowDown