Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Based on Temperature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've searched and read and searched some more but can't find some information that I'm looking for.

Primarily I'm interested in some general information about under what conditions the Roadster performs best. From my understanding, when charged in performance mode it charges all the way to 100% and keeps that battery warm so that when you first unplug it and drive it, it's warmed up and fully charged which are the ideal conditions for maximum power.

However, let's say it's been sitting in a parking lot unplugged while it's about 60 degrees outside and I hop in, turn it on, put it in performance mode and do some 0-60 runs...will those be significantly slower than the situation described above?

I ask because I've been giving some people at work test drives and usually the battery is at 60-70% charge, the car is "cold", and I want to floor it right away, but I REALLY feel like it's not as fast as when I've been driving a few miles, especially right after being taken off charge.

Do you guys have any knowledge to drop on me in this department?