Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Boost Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, this is a cool little upgrade. I don't know if it's worth $2000 just for the 0.5 seconds, but maybe there will be other things that come with it too that we don't know about yet.
Its highly doubtful anything else will come with it. You never know. Really this upgrade is more than just .5 seconds off the 0-60 time. It makes the off the line acceleration much more snappy. It feels like the vehicle is far more more powerful than it was. I am almost positive it would beat my older LR DM Model 3 off the line

Its highly doubtful anything else will come with it. You never know. Really this upgrade is more than just .5 seconds off the 0-60 time. It makes the off the line acceleration much more snappy. It feels like the vehicle is far more more powerful than it was. I am almost positive it would beat my older LR DM Model 3 off the line
based upon the other Dragy stats I've seen, I still think the Model 3 has a slight edge by one or two tenths.

If you're talking non-boosted 3, possibly, but it would be a good race. Boosted 3 is still quicker by about 4-5 tenths.

Reactions: slmitchell737
hol up. Where did we ever specify where this was happening at. Go look at the original context of some dude saying it takes 10K to shave half a second off a 0-60. Also who tf mentioned a mustang?! Read the context before you popoff. I found the Tesla fanboi. Though I appreciate the mustang at a car show cause everyone know those things kill at least 100K people a year in the US alone. Crazy ass mustang drivers.

Ever launch one??? Every launch anything???

LOL. You're the one that started spouting off Corvette BS in here - I have a C6 Z06, with more than bolt-ons compared to the "3 second 0-60 Corvette" you started spouting off about with a tune/exhaust/cam/tires. Sorry, but I'm far from a Tesla fanboy - just calling out BS as it is.

The reality is $2,000 to get into the high 3s from mid-4s is a deal. You can't even buy a pair of heads worth anything for that.

Do we have an answer yet whether or not the power boost affects range for every day driving (not drag racing), and if so, how much?

If you drive at exactly the same speed for a boost vs. non-boost Model Y, it will be the same. The boost only impacts the potential power output to a higher mode. In reality, the punchy feeling is much greater so you'll tend to want to drive a bit more spiritedly so you may lose range due to your driving habits changing.

From an EPA perspective, a Model Y performance with the same wheel package as the LR AWD, has the same EPA figure.

I assume they’re insinuating that Tesla boosts performance during the 48 hours so you don’t return it, then decreases it once you past the refund period?

that’s how I read it but I could be wrong. Either way makes no sense
Interesting point... if you get the refund, how exactly is the performance returned to the pre-boost level?

Seems any modification to the vehicle's driving performance would require some type of software-update + approval step, no?

Interesting point... if you get the refund, how exactly is the performance returned to the pre-boost level?

Seems any modification to the vehicle's driving performance would require some type of software-update + approval step, no?
Probably the same way it went in, an update was pushed to the car with a new configuration and the car restarted. Mine did it on it's own with no interaction from me while it was in the garage.