Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Boost Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. Boost kicks in only when you floor it, otherwise it's normal.

Personally, I'm hitting the boost almost every time chance I get. I consider it almost as a safety measure by separating myself from traffic and driving with no or fewer cars around me during my commute.

- Car is new and under warranty
- I paid $2000 for this option
- My tires will suffer, but that's expected

Unless you lack any self control and discipline, there's no reason not to leave it in Sport because the car behaves normal if you're light on the accelerator. I lack self control and leave it in Sport. Because, why not.

Right but if I recall correctly Tesla quoted a .5 sec increase for the M3 too.
I think people are confused with the rollout time and without. It's tesla fault for making it so confusing. Posting rollout time for performance models, and without for all others. To be clear. 4.3 sec is without rollout, around 4 with. Seems like all the numbers out there pretty consistent with that.

I think people are confused with the rollout time and without. It's tesla fault for making it so confusing. Posting rollout time for performance models, and without for all others. To be clear. 4.3 sec is without rollout, around 4 with. Seems like all the numbers out there pretty consistent with that.
Good point, thanks. :D

It seems like pretty much everyone who got this thinks it’s worth it. Like others, you guys are going to cost me 2k!
Yup, i tried it for 48 hours, and definitely think it's worth it. I did cancel it, and probably will be getting it at a later time. haha, building a deck in the backyard so we can enjoy out door more next year, who knows how long this covid thing will last. that takes priority now. When I traded in my 2018 Model S for the Y, one major thing I missed was how fast the S felt compared to the Y. This boost definitely makes the Y comparable to it now. That was the 1 of the con I have for the Y, and this just cross that off for me.