Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Boost Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think they will off stealth mode at some point? The only thing about the performance upgrade I want is the speed. The rest has little to no interest to me. But I'd consider paying 4,000 to have the full 0-60 improvements. Heck just give me the speed and 20 inch induction wheels and im good.

Do you think they will off stealth mode at some point? The only thing about the performance upgrade I want is the speed. The rest has little to no interest to me. But I'd consider paying 4,000 to have the full 0-60 improvements. Heck just give me the speed and 20 inch induction wheels and im good.
Haha, that already exists. It's called performance stealth. You pay the same price as performance, without the wheels, brakes, and suspension. You do get the spoiler and badge.

The MYP is only ~1.1 second faster 0-60 than the AWD. The apparent 1.8 second delta is misleading because the AWD counts the ~1/4 second rollout and the MYP doesn't. With last night's performance boost boost, the ~1 second delta is down to 0.5 seconds. That's not trivial, but the delta is now 20% less.

The AWD's 4.3 second 0-60 was ~4.1 seconds with rollout. Hopefully, it's down to 4.0 now. The MYP runs just over 3.5 with rollout.

• Informative
Reactions: enzoshadow
The MYP is only ~1.1 second faster 0-60 than the AWD. The apparent 1.8 second delta is misleading because the AWD counts the ~1/4 second rollout and the MYP doesn't. With last night's performance boost boost, the ~1 second delta is down to 0.5 seconds. That's not trivial, but the delta is now 20% less.

The AWD's 4.3 second 0-60 was ~4.1 seconds with rollout. Hopefully, it's down to 4.0 now. The MYP runs just over 3.5 with rollout.

And last night Tesla quietly upgrade the 0 to 60 from 4.3 to 4.2
ZaPMLtJ.jpg

So this morning when I woke up my display showed 4.3 seconds to 60. This afternoon it says 4.2. Have screen shots.
Same software release so what has happened? Creative marketing, an upgrade in the background or was it like this all along?

Last edited:

OK, I keep seeing the "roll-out" but keep wondering what it actually is with respect to putting your foot on the pedal...do you actually barely push the pedal down initially followed by a flooring, or does the car do it automatically?
Still considering this upgrade...would like the Y closer to my roadster acceleration, but I can't imagine it being the same feeling...am I wrong?

I did notice my Y felt more responsive after upgrading to 40.3 but I purchased the acceleration boost soon after, so I can’t confirm that the standard was actually faster. I wonder if the standard 0-60 is actually faster by 0.1 sec too. After acceleration boost, my car is almost exactly 0.5 sec faster than when I was on 32.xx.