Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Boost Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A buddy of mine has a MS with Ludicrous Plus, and now launch control. Took it out for a spin last night, and holy smokes is that insane! If Tesla ever allows a Ludicrous-like mode for it’s ‘lowly’ Models 3 and Y Performance, I’m jumping on it. You turn the mode on, press both brake and throttle, an alert pops up when it is ready, you release the brake, and it feels like you were shot out of a cannon. Insane.

Hey Elon! PLEASE do ludicrous mode for Model Y Performance!!!!!!

Reactions: Yelobird and KMH84
There's not much info on the LR AWD Y but I found a comparison of the M3P vs MYP via Scan My Tesla and it shows, despite the same motors, the MYP making more peak power. The M3P doesn't seem to have the low end power dialed back like it is on the MYP.

I ordered the hardware for the app so I'll get the power that the LR AWD Y with boost makes. I'll have to do some search on the 3s and see what others with Scan My Tesla are showing.

Reactions: Klau2
There's not much info on the LR AWD Y but I found a comparison of the M3P vs MYP via Scan My Tesla and it shows, despite the same motors, the MYP making more peak power. The M3P doesn't seem to have the low end power dialed back like it is on the MYP.

I ordered the hardware for the app so I'll get the power that the LR AWD Y with boost makes. I'll have to do some search on the 3s and see what others with Scan My Tesla are showing.

I'd be very interested to see the numbers that you get with your LR AWD Y when you get it. I've thought about getting the Scan My Tesla app / hardware as well.

I'd be very interested to see the numbers that you get with your LR AWD Y when you get it. I've thought about getting the Scan My Tesla app / hardware as well.
The bluetooth OBDII adapter is coming in from Canada and they say 2-3 weeks for delivery, so it could be awhile before I get some data. I ordered the cable from Amazon and that'll be arriving today.

Reactions: Stach
I regret to inform you that I've purchased and returned the Acceleration Boost. I want to explain.

It's cool. It's there. It's awesome. But for $2K, it isn't actually... Useful. I plan on getting it again, someday. When I have $2K to spare, after I pay off the car, hopefully soon.
It picks up speed in a scary way from stopped. Again, it's super fun! But where I need it to pick up speed quickly is normally over 50mph, when passing. And it already does that!

This is just my point of view. I don't see the AB price increasing in the future, so I decided to buy myself some time instead!

I regret to inform you that I've purchased and returned the Acceleration Boost. I want to explain.

It's cool. It's there. It's awesome. But for $2K, it isn't actually... Useful. I plan on getting it again, someday. When I have $2K to spare, after I pay off the car, hopefully soon.
It picks up speed in a scary way from stopped. Again, it's super fun! But where I need it to pick up speed quickly is normally over 50mph, when passing. And it already does that!

This is just my point of view. I don't see the AB price increasing in the future, so I decided to buy myself some time instead!

This is why they should let people trial FSD for a month. Get people hooked!

• Love
Reactions: RNHurt and helvio
I did not know this was in the wild. For the owners that have the 980 motor, the Y can be updated to the Performance. I wish Tesla would had offered this. It would be worth 3k to maybe 4K
GHOST UPGRADE DIY
IMO the $2k spent for the Tesla AB (with warranty) is better than a juryrigged mod to the engine. I'm really pleased with the $2k upgrade.

Last edited:
On a model Y The acceleration boost give you the same speed as an AWD model 3 correct? I've drove an AWD 3 so I'm trying to compare what my butt dyno felt like

can anyone confirm if the speeds of LR dual motor M3 is pretty much the same speed as the MY with acceleration boost?

I've been trying to get a test drive on a LR MY but no tesla store near me has one. I test drive the performance one 2x and put the 100$ deposit for a MYP. I can get a test drive with the M3 DM LR.

if I'm satisfied with the speeds with the M3, I should be good with getting the MY w/boost right?

can anyone confirm if the speeds of LR dual motor M3 is pretty much the same speed as the MY with acceleration boost?

I've been trying to get a test drive on a LR MY but no tesla store near me has one. I test drive the performance one 2x and put the 100$ deposit for a MYP. I can get a test drive with the M3 DM LR.

if I'm satisfied with the speeds with the M3, I should be good with getting the MY w/boost right?
You want to drive the Y. The power delivery is different. The Model 3 the power comes on immediately. The Y, most likely software/programmed, has the power delivery come on slightly later, but it pulls stronger at 30-50+ MPH than the 3.

Reactions: davidlee
From what i can tell, the 0-60 is identical. I agree with the previous post that the power is a little more mellow 0-10. To me, this is a very good thing. Same 0-60 without shredding the tires - what's not to like?