Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Boost Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what i can tell, the 0-60 is identical. I agree with the previous post that the power is a little more mellow 0-10. To me, this is a very good thing. Same 0-60 without shredding the tires - what's not to like?
This is a screenshot I pulled off of YouTube awhile ago. I believe it's MPP testing their MYP on the dyno. It gives you a good idea of the powerband differences between the M3P and MYP.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201031-125147_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20201031-125147_YouTube.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 119
i have a test drive with the M3 LR dual motor on Monday and if i like it ,I will probably change my MY order to a LR model. saving 8k on a car does make me more happy about the purchase... just dont want buyers remorse.

wish i can test drive a MY with boost or see one race a performance model. :/

If you don't need the extra space, ground clearance, etc the LR 3 is still a great car with a decent amount of cargo capacity. You lose a little bit of interior head room in the front, higher view of the road, but these aren't too important for some people. Personally, I'd rather have the M3P and a sedan but my wife told me to get the Y. No argument there.

Reactions: psuKinger
If you don't need the extra space, ground clearance, etc the LR 3 is still a great car with a decent amount of cargo capacity. You lose a little bit of interior head room in the front, higher view of the road, but these aren't too important for some people. Personally, I'd rather have the M3P and a sedan but my wife told me to get the Y. No argument there.

Not to take the thread off the rails but maybe its just me owning so many smaller vehicles. I owned two model 3's, and the Y just seems like "more vehicle for your money". I don't need the space, but the forward visibility, seat height, and ability to just haul more if needed - it seems like better value for money.

I also hope I don't regret not getting the performance, but my vin finally got assigned and don't want to wait any longer. I'll be buying the boost as soon as I take delivery lol.

Not to take the thread off the rails but maybe its just me owning so many smaller vehicles. I owned two model 3's, and the Y just seems like "more vehicle for your money". I don't need the space, but the forward visibility, seat height, and ability to just haul more if needed - it seems like better value for money.

I also hope I don't regret not getting the performance, but my vin finally got assigned and don't want to wait any longer. I'll be buying the boost as soon as I take delivery lol.
If you don't care about the sedan-like ride, you'll be fine in a Y.
My previous cars are RWD sports cars and 4 door sport sedans, which is my preference in vehicles but when the wife says "you're getting a Y" well, I bought a Y.

You can still feel the extra weight on the Y. It's not terrible because it still handles well for a 4400 lb vehicle but for those of us that don't normally drive larger vehicles/crossovers/SUVs, we can feel the difference because the Y isn't a sports sedan.

i def need the space. family of 5

it came down to the model y or x3m40i. going with the Y since we have solar

Car seats can take up a fair bit of room. But yours are likely getting in to booster seats already or soon.

right. 1 in a car seat and 1 in a booster. but when we will use the model y, the child whose using the booster will not be using it the Y. she's a tall girl and the seatbelt looks like it goes over her shoulder properly without the booster.

I also have a gx460 which is a 3 row suv but I'm not a fan of driving that car. kills too much gas and slow.

Temps were seasonally warm today, so I did a few 0-60 pulls. Still trying to find good flat spots in my area with low traffic but most spots seem to have dips and rises.

I routed the nav to a supercharger to warm up the batteries to around 88F. I was able to get 1 valid run in, 0-60 4.18s (3.98 with the 1 ft rollout), basically the same as the runs I did September 27. All the Tesla official drop in times are just on paper, no actual difference in the motor nor the acceleration. Still making around 510hp / 401 lb-ft torque.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201107-194345_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20201107-194345_dragy.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 20201107_143839.jpg
    20201107_143839.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 83

+1. All I wanted was a M3. The "compromise" I made with my wife to make it happen was the CUV-version (MY) of it.

I *love* this car. It's great. Way faster than anything I ever owned before. Fun to drive. Tons of power. It's great. But I would have been every bit as happy (maybe even a little happier?) with a M3...

All of that said, she was/is right... it *is* the right car for us, right now, at this age and stage of our lives.... The MY is more practical and utilitarian, while still looking pretty great/cool and driving pretty silly-fast (by non-tesla and non-sports-car owner standards, these things are all SILLY fast).

Reactions: Stach
Depending on how big your kids are, the back seat of the M3/MY is tight for 3 larger kids.

I disagree somewhat. I agree the width of the car is limited for 3 wide across but leg room is excellent. I am 6’5 and with the drivers seat set for me I can comfortably sit behind the driver with room to spare.

Coming from a 2017 X5, the rear leg room difference is noticeable. But so is the difference in width.