Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Boost Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I upgraded today and am definitely happy with the boost! Had been waiting for them to release this! I was also thinking the LR felt sluggish from a stop, especially because I test drove the M3 LR with the boost and the difference was very noticeable. The acceleration now definitely pushes you back much more than before and feels way more like the feeling I had when I first test drove a Tesla. Don’t get me wrong, I have been loving the Y and was happy with the speed, but this will definitely make anyone having Performance FOMO happy!

I think it's just the same as the performance upgrade. I know people talk about "binning" , taking the better performing motors and moving them to the Performance category model. It's all just a change in the mapping of the computer and what it allows. The LR AWD is capable of better performance they just limit what it allows. (that's how I think about it anyway).
It depends. Some of the LR AWD have the performance motor / inverter but detuned to AWD spec. The others have a weaker motor / inverter so can't get to Performance levels. Once you buy AWD, the boost is all you can get for faster speeds. They've never unlocked Performance for a LR AWD for Model 3 even though some of them have the same motors as the Performance.

• Informative
Reactions: alexcue
Just dropped off my MY for service and after reading all the comments, I’ll be buying the boost once I get my MY back haha!!

This is how I’m justifying it in my capitalist-addled brain: EAP “saved” me $4,000 per MY (we have two). So I’d be stupid NOT to get the PB for “only” $2k each. I’m still “ahead” $4,000!!” Haha!! :D

Just dropped off my MY for service and after reading all the comments, I’ll be buying the boost once I get my MY back haha!!

This is how I’m justifying it in my capitalist-addled brain: EAP “saved” me $4,000 per MY (we have two). So I’d be stupid NOT to get the PB for “only” $2k each. I’m still “ahead” $4,000!!” Haha!! :D

AND you'd never be 4000 ahead if you DIDN'T spend the money for PB! Literally making money. MERICA!

I'm excited about this. What would the impact on range be for just day to day normal driving? And for someone who already did it, can you take a picture of your "Drive" screen to show the modes or any other changes?

White I agree this is a great deal for a 0.5 second increase, 10K for an ICE to gain 0.5 is woefully inaccurate and completely dependent on the motor. Give me any LSx vehicle, a welder , 5K and a weekend and Ill make 800+ horsepower with some left on the table. You can easily gain 0.5s on a 0-60 on a Pontiac GTP or Subaru WRX with a remap and 500 bucks in parts IF you do that install your self. Where things get annoying is you actually have to put the effort into installing the parts vs I click a button on my phone, money disappears and speed appears.
Not to mention this is OEM and requires no third party modifications. The comparison is with getting .5+ secs from a different factory trim of the same car, not from Bob the welder up the street

• Funny
Reactions: Reborn
Definitely want the acceleration boost! Does anyone know if you order it do you have to be connected to your WiFi for the download? Can you schedule the software update for a time in the future or after you purchase it you immediately have to download and update?

Definitely want the acceleration boost! Does anyone know if you order it do you have to be connected to your WiFi for the download? Can you schedule the software update for a time in the future or after you purchase it you immediately have to download and update?
I was on WiFi parked in garage when I ordered through the app in my house...it was available within 5 minutes after a reboot.

I just bought it and didn’t tell my wife or daughter. Once I confirmed download (saw sport mode on the screen), I drove us all to the store. I floored it a few times and did one from a dead stop. I noticed a very slight difference. My wife and daughter didn’t notice at all. That being said, I’ll get a refund tomorrow. If it were $500, I might keep it, but I’m not paying $2,000 for something that is barely noticeable.

I just bought it and didn’t tell my wife or daughter. Once I confirmed download (saw sport mode on the screen), I drove us all to the store. I floored it a few times and did one from a dead stop. I noticed a very slight difference. My wife and daughter didn’t notice at all. That being said, I’ll get a refund tomorrow. If it were $500, I might keep it, but I’m not paying $2,000 for something that is barely noticeable.

You’re simply too level-headed, Steve. Nice that you can return it for a full refund! Stay healthy.

• Funny
Reactions: Levelheadsteve
What was your soc level when you test it?

• Informative
Reactions: Maryland