Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Boost Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
a .5 second 0-60 drop in car enthusiast terms is YUGE.

For non car spouses, its more like "hey, feels a wee bit peppier. Its ok. Kinda like it. Wait..how much did this cost? I hate you"

For what it's worth, I purchased the acceleration boost on our previous AWD Model 3. When we got the Y and opted for Long Range due to not wanting 21-inch summer tires, my wife asked, "When are we getting the acceleration boost?"

As soon as I let her know that it was available this morning, she said, "That's great!"

It literally took me five seconds to Apple Pay the purchase after that comment...

Color me curious. Not understanding. I know I can add my Discover to PayPal as a form of Payment. But how do you add this to Tesla.. confused....

Don't understand what the PayPal Key is for virtual card.

When you sign up for the Paypal Key, you get a virtual credit card number. You enter that virtual number in to your Tesla account.

It bills that card which in turn bills your Discover card (you must set it as default payment method).

*just a correction, Discover does limit the cash back to $1500 of the purchase.

• Informative
Reactions: gunthermic
a .5 second 0-60 drop in car enthusiast terms is YUGE.

For non car spouses, its more like "hey, feels a wee bit peppier. Its ok. Kinda like it. Wait..how much did this cost? I hate you"

I’m loving all the comments on this thread ...the acceleration boost and everyone’s comments on here is the best distraction I’ve had in awhile...thank you ! I’m so close to pressing buy.

FWIW I have this on the Model 3 and it absolutely transforms the car. They purposely undersell it to prevent people from not buying the performance car. You also have 48 hours to try it and return it. It is a no brainer. As the Model Y is my wife's car I may wait to go for it.

Also, on the Model 3, Tesla says it bring it to 3.9 seconds from 4.4. I've run verified 3.4x 0-60 many times.

DO IT! :)

Oh man...I shouldn’t have read your post, haha!!

• Funny
Reactions: phantasms and KMMM