Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Boost Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we allowed to curse here? Because I wanna say FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF every time I come back to this post!
It's not the right time to get that boost, but goddammit guys, you're not making it any easier on my savings!

Have you ever been in an MYLR AWD with the boost or a MYP? Whenever I need to get away from it all and have a little fun, the MYP usually takes care of that. Lunch time today I smoked some guy in a Honda Civic tuner, twice. He did not look too happy about it, probably gone to get a bottle of NOS installed for next time...

• Funny
Reactions: helvio
I bought the upgrade on Sat, just to tool around fast for the weekend. I could not bring myself to cancel it. It is definitely noticeably faster.

Take the dive -buy it. It is only money and you can’t take a brinks truck to the cemetery.

Just upgraded and my 13yo son and I took a quick ride down the block.

HOLY FRACKIN SNIT!

I've never driven a Performance 3/Y but we both screamed with laughter.

And that was with 60% SOC. Anyone who says the difference is barely noticeable or "subtle" has something wrong with their car. And YES... it's not just flooring it. It's more responsive even driving around town.

Transforms the car.

LxhkEY.gif

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EVMeister
Performance run 11.9 at 114-115 mph.
I've run 12.26 and 12.30 at 113 mph. This run I lifted off the accelerator a tad bit early and the mph dropped.

Thanks for this info. im still new to the" roll out / no roll out". Am I safe to assume 1/4mile time of the performance model is about .3-.4s faster?

also, i watched a video with the model 3 performance vs LR with boost. They are pretty much at equal speeds when accelerating at higher speeds.

do you think this is also the same with the performance Y vs LR ?

thanks!

Thanks for this info. im still new to the" roll out / no roll out". Am I safe to assume 1/4mile time of the performance model is about .3-.4s faster?

also, i watched a video with the model 3 performance vs LR with boost. They are pretty much at equal speeds when accelerating at higher speeds.

thanks!

sorry mean to say

do you think this is also the same with the performance Y vs LR with boost ?

thanks!
Yeah, the LR AWD Y with the boost will still be a few tenths slower than a Performance Y.

I've never been a fan of 0-60. It's an antiquated metric since it doesn't really capture modern day performance. It's more about grip, advantage to AWD vehicles, and other factors. Most US magazines also report it with a 1ft rollout to mimic the lasers you'd find at the Christmas tree at a drag strip. Tesla used this for marketing their Performance models, which have the 1ft rollout. The non-performance models don't list the rollout so it makes the acceleration gap look larger than it is.

Reactions: mark95476