Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance buyers who don't want Uberturbines/20s, what's your plan?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3P is coming in a few months. I've ordered Matte Black 20" T Sportline TS5s staggered which should be here in March. Going to swap the bluetooth tpms over from the Uberturbines and get some PS4s.

I have a coworker with a base Model 3 interested in the Uberturbines. He can't use the Bluetooth TPMS anyway as his car doesn't support it. Cheaper to buy the old TPMS buy a large margin.

My M3P is coming in a few months. I've ordered Matte Black 20" T Sportline TS5s staggered which should be here in March. Going to swap the bluetooth tpms over from the Uberturbines and get some PS4s.

I have a coworker with a base Model 3 interested in the Uberturbines. He can't use the Bluetooth TPMS anyway as his car doesn't support it. Cheaper to buy the old TPMS buy a large margin.

I plan on ordering another M3P once it’s shipping with rear dual glass. I’m going to talk to the service rep and ask that they (at the service center) switch the factory 20” for Telsa 19” wheels at no cost to me. Eg they can keep the more expensive 20”.

If they say no, I will reorder 19” Martian wheels and tires and attempt to replace them on day 1 so I can dump the 20”s on Craig’s list as new. I have 19” Martins on the current M3P and they’ve been great.

Reactions: Young Phenom
I plan on ordering another M3P once it’s shipping with rear dual glass. I’m going to talk to the service rep and ask that they (at the service center) switch the factory 20” for Telsa 19” wheels at no cost to me. Eg they can keep the more expensive 20”.

If they say no, I will reorder 19” Martian wheels and tires and attempt to replace them on day 1 so I can dump the 20”s on Craig’s list as new. I have 19” Martins on the current M3P and they’ve been great.
Good luck. Not sure the Service Center would go for that they probably won't have the wheels you want on hand. The roads in Florida where I'm at aren't that bad so the 20s work for me, plus I only travel 12 miles each way to work so range is never an issue.

Reactions: tm1v2
I got my M3P yesterday and the 20’s are already starting to grow on me… I’m going to not worry about for a while and see how I feel about them in a month or two.

They look pretty. The just get damaged (bend) easily. At least they used too…. maybe the new ones are better but I still see posts that indicate it’s probably still an issue.

Good luck. Not sure the Service Center would go for that they probably won't have the wheels you want on hand. The roads in Florida where I'm at aren't that bad so the 20s work for me, plus I only travel 12 miles each way to work so range is never an issue.

I agree. I’m willing to upgrade them myself if needed.

Reactions: Young Phenom