Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance caliper - same across 2017-2021?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am aware of difference of LR and performance calipers. But, are all performance calipers from 2017 to 2021 the same?

I see older M3P's with 18" aero rims, but I did not think the aero's fit the 2020/2021 M3P. Have no proof or logic though.

Can you elaborate on what a P+ and P- is? Excuse my novice ness, it seems P- is therefore a stealth?

I have a seller claiming his 2018 performance+ is rated 0-60 in 2.9s, which I thought P+ and P- wouls both be 3.2s for 2018/2019 amd 3.1 for 2020 and newer?

All Performance calipers are the same. A "stealth" performance is just a dual motor with a software change (P-). A Performance WITH the PUP (including the brakes) is a P+. There is no Performance with a 0-60 in 2.9 - that guy is trying to take you for a ride lol. Both P+ and P- have Track Mode.

Reactions: Pyre
I noticed the MPP caliper upgrade for a stealth, is there concern or correction for bias for the front calipers as I assume they may need a different pressure? Is it common to replace solely front rotors, pads and calipers and leave the rear stock non PUP?

I did see the parking brake issue with non PUP to PUP.

All Performance calipers are the same. A "stealth" performance is just a dual motor with a software change (P-). A Performance WITH the PUP (including the brakes) is a P+. There is no Performance with a 0-60 in 2.9 - that guy is trying to take you for a ride lol. Both P+ and P- have Track Mode.
Slight off top, but do you know by chance if 17" will fit on performance or non-performance given low enough offset?

Danny

I noticed the MPP caliper upgrade for a stealth, is there concern or correction for bias for the front calipers as I assume they may need a different pressure? Is it common to replace solely front rotors, pads and calipers and leave the rear stock non PUP?

I did see the parking brake issue with non PUP to PUP.

The MPP front BBK for the non-Performance brakes is appropriately sized for the correct bias. You definitely will need upgraded pads on the rear.

Slight off top, but do you know by chance if 17" will fit on performance or non-performance given low enough offset?

Danny

Absolutely no way 17" wheels will clear Performance. 18's are hit or miss. A 17" wheel with good brake clearance should clear the base rear calipers.

Reactions: MODEL+ and Pyre