Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance front brake pads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just FYI, I found out the front brake pads on model 3 uses the same pads as Brembo F40 caliper. This is widely available and typical thickness is 16mm. I’ve tested it and fit great.

Now I’m still looking for the rear figment. Any lead is appreciated.

The pads for the F40 are for the non performance Model 3. Here is a partial list of cars(depends on sub model and year) that share the same brake pad as the front brakes on a non performance Model 3: F40, Diablo, Gallarado, Viper, etc.

What about brake pads for the factory performance upgrade brakes? Anyone have any numbers for a pad that would fit well with these brakes?

Here is how you might be able to find a matching pad:

1. Remove and measure the width the brake pad.
2. Go to the Fedoro website and use the search by pad dimensions tool.
3. Find a pad that matches the shape/size/retaining holes.

I don’t have access to a performance upgrade brake pad to help you out with this.

Yes you need to remove the caliper for the performance brakes to install the new pads. It's just two bolts. For the rears you'll need to put the car in tow mode or neutral and unplug the caliper then remove it from the bracket change the pads and plug it back in. Then cycle the car from neutral/tow back into park to reapply the caliper.

Reactions: kbecks13