Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance increase for 100D. 0-100 in 3,3 sek

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Up until recently all inventory 100D in Europe had 0-100km/h speced to 3,3. Now there still are several cars with that spec, but now a S100D appeared in France with 4,3 sec to 100 speced. So this means that the performance figure somehow is connected to a specific vehicle, determined by some sort of code, since right now there are 100D inventory cars with 3,3 sek spec and 4,3 sec spec.

Model S 100D 5YJSA7E21HF205607 | Tesla France

100D France.png

And this car right now inventory in Netherlands

Model S 100D 5YJSA7E29HF210196 | Tesla Nederland

100D NL.png

• Informative
Reactions: Matias
I don't mind it. You buy a minimum standard but sometimes but sometimes Tesla sneaks in something extra for field testing and you are the beneficiary.

They can definitely get to 3.3. Which means that the BTX8 batteries in the 75 could do 3.3 at likely minimal warranty risk to Tesla, although we'd likely never see it because 1) its not worth doing for a small batch 2) you can see from this thread that there would be huge backlash from those that won't get it and 3) there is some chance it messes up the performance differentiation for Tesla. In Europe you already pay a lot more for these cars so I am fine that the test runs there. Plus if I were running a randomized control trial for Tesla I'd want some in Norway, Spain and UAE.
I suspected it can. As I have a loaner 100D that felt much faster than my current uncorked/ performance updated 75D. Definitely under 4s eventough I have not measure it. I have tested my 75D enough time to notice the difference of 75D and 100D.

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV and Swift
Sounds like Tesla is moving ahead too fast for some people. They can't keep up. I really hope this doesn't deter Tesla. I hope Tesla doesn't start adopting archaic ICE car manufacturer mentality - adding extra buttons and making you pay more - renaming things - putting USB capability years after its become standard and get you to pay thousands more b/c it is "new technology."

Looks like Tesla is doing the opposite - they are improving - giving you a better product without waiting years to add that "CD player."

Reactions: EinSV
I was quite overwhelmed by all the events/impressions this weekend. Friday night our basement was partially flooded. It was certainly not a nice experience. Fortunately just in time Saturday morning we were able to locate the cause. Then a hurry 200+ kilometres to Tilburg. Wow-wow-wow what a great customer care there! Then my first drive alone, it is a post somewhere. This experience was such a contrast with the terrible flooding!

Then what you all here want to know: Saturday evening late, after going out for dinner, I did full throttle with four adults in the cabin, and then I knew: for sure this is not 0-100 in 3.3s! But yesterday afternoon with only a 11-year boy in the front seat and his mother in the backseat there were those gigles I recognized from the YouTube P85D videos :D. We had a little race with a Jaguar after supercharching in Amsterdam. We won sooo easily. So then I began to doubt: it is certainly not impossible that he is more quick than 4.3s, but that's all I can say now.

Drove 485 kilometres in total. I will wait with the PowerTools measurement till the weather is not stormy here, anymore...

Last edited:
I just did last Sunday’s 0-100 again, but from memory, eyes closed. The iPhone stopwatch halted at 4.28 sec, an amazing agreement with the Tesla configurator isn’t it! So I wouldn't bet anymore my 100D is doing 3.3s, am sorry for you all!
Are you going to press them on the performance that they specified for the car?

I reached out to an order associate at my nearest service center about the acceleration specification of the European 100D models. For two weeks he has failed to receive an answer one way or the other from Tesla headquarters on the matter. It should be a simple matter if the specification were an error or typo. I am presuming that there is a reason that headquarters does not want to answer.

• Informative
Reactions: Swift
I think I have pretty convincing evidence that this whole thing is some kind of DB error or typos on the websites.

The Tesla website in Switzerland is available in 3 languages (French, German and Italian).

There's a 100D listed on the site and the 0-100 Kph times change depending on the language! For the same car, of course!

So here you go. This is the version in German, showing 3.3s:
Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 11.20.32.png

The Italian version also shows 3.3s:
Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 11.20.48.png

However, the French version says 4.3s:
Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 11.20.12.png

Here are the links to the three listings. Notice that only the country/language part of the link changes:

German: Model S 100D 5YJSA7E25HF203469 | Tesla Schweiz

Italian: Model S 100D 5YJSA7E25HF203469 | Tesla Svizzera

French: Model S 100D 5YJSA7E25HF203469 | Tesla Suisse

So there you have it folks...