Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance increase for 100D. 0-100 in 3,3 sek

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is what he means... the second caliper actually is no longer there on non-perf models. My 100D only has one rear caliper and it’s seemingly smaller too than my previous 75D’s rear caliper — not sure if it had any impact on performance though.

Huh.. that's good to know. I didn't realize they stopped using a second dedicated parking brake caliper. Thanks.

I would hope not! I hope they are also still Brembo brake calipers as on all pre-facelift models.
New Rear Brake Calipers For non-Performance Model S and X

I have been wrong before in life many times. No like really many many times. How come when I build the car in other countries the speed is the same as it is here? I see the inventory cars and the "new" speed...... Just would be a dream that I would wake up to in. Most of mine end with those moments where you grip the sheets in terror.:p Happy having the longest rage EV out there for now.

The Canadian new inventory is listing a couple of X100D's with VINs 438XX with 0-100km/h at 4.5s now (makes sense, Tesla doesn't want to intrude on XP90D owners without Ludicrous mode which does 0-100km/h in 4.0s). Was originally 5.0s for a X100D. I hope my next OTA update gives me a power boost for my X100D made during the same time as those listed in the current new inventory.

Last edited:
Yes.. it ends with 190xxx... so maybe I already have 3.3s?? I should time it.

However, I think that is for a european car, a new Model S build still shows 4.1s in the US.
If the 100 uncorking experience is anything like the 75, the US cars will be last.

For any of the non-US buyers that pickup the newly uncorked 100D, I would really like to get a PowerTools runlog to post here. timvracer I am interested in your corked runlog as well for comparison.

Last edited:
The Canadian new inventory is listing a couple of X100D's with VINs 438XX with 0-100km/h at 4.5s now (makes sense, Tesla doesn't want to intrude on XP90D owners without Ludicrous mode which does 0-100km/h in 4.0s). Was originally 5.0s for a X100D. I hope my next OTA update gives me a power boost for my X100D made during the same time as those listed in the current new inventory.

Nice. X100D is updated but nothing showing for S100D as yet. Looks like an announcement would be forthcoming :)

Probably because it's an error and it never will be that fast. It looks to be confirmed wrong for other cars too: 75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

Not so. A 75D owner clocked a 4.0 sec run to 60mph on his uncorked car. I also know 2 people who recently received their 75D and for testing we raced my 90D against one of them 0-100km/h. We were essentially neck and neck, where the 90D used to have the 1 sec advantage.

Attachments

• IMG_3176.PNG
    IMG_3176.PNG
    396.9 KB · Views: 77
Well, 45k is nothing for some, and very material for others.
I *really* wanted the P100D, but could not justify another 45k to get it. I am bummed that there is such disparity in the 0-60, it does matter to some of us!! I admit.. I am infatuated.

The key is to match up the abundant available $$ with those of us who care about that speed!! Feel free to donate to the cause!

With racer in your handle I would expect no less than total disappointment in not getting the fastest Tesla for the same price point.

I grieve with you as well. I have not yet taken up driving to bingo at exactly the speed limit on the left lane.

Reactions: timvracer
Still nothing on this, huh? It seems odd Tesla not said anything or, if an error, fixed it.

Every region outside of USA I continue to check still shows the significant 0-100km speed improvement on the X & S 100d inventories over the custom built options.

Telsa just announced the price reduction, but we saw the speed change over the weekend without any notice I am aware of...

I called my OA (who is awesome if anyone needs one), he validated what we are seeing and is also looking into it— I’ll post updates.

Has anyone seen anything else on it?

Last edited:
Still nothing on this, huh? It seems odd Tesla not said anything on this...
They just announced the price reduction, but we saw the speed change over the weekend.
I called my OA (who is awesome if anyone needs one), he is looking into it— I’ll post updates.

Has anyone else heard anything?
Not yet. My sales guy also looking into it. Still odd that all of Europe has the updated speeds and sporadic for N.America.

I'm looking at getting a discounted inventory P100D but if the 100D gets the new speed, I'd rather higher range and the low 3sec. (first world problems lol)