Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance M3 question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, new member and possible new owner here.

I’m in the process of possibly purchasing a 19 M3P. It has the 20 inch silver colored wheels with the red brake pads on it. Excuse me in that that I have read a bit but I am not familiar as some of you all are on the specifics of each model but I was wondering if someone could clarify a few things for me as I have not gotten the chance to actually see the car yet. I know the M3 has several variations of what “performance” actually means such as ”long range performance”, “performance upgrade, and performance I guess with track mode and a lowered suspension. Does anyone know what version this one might be? It was first put into service the beginning of June of 2019 and I assume it was built shortly before that. Thank you in advance

There are only 2 version of the model 3 performance.

There is the model 3 performance with the performance upgrade package (upgraded brakes calipers, 20 inch wheels, rear spoiler, lowered suspension) and the model 3 performance without performance upgrade package, with none of those physical things listed.

The model 3 performance without the performance upgrade package is just as fast as the one with the performance upgrade package, it just has none of the extra goodies except the speed.

There no such thing as "long range performance" from tesla.

Sometimes owners paint their calipers red, and sometimes people put 20 inch wheels on the car, but if it has the factory red calipers and tesla OE 20 imch rims, its a "Model 3 performance with performance upgrade package".

Reactions: Zoomit
There are only 2 version of the model 3 performance.

There is the model 3 performance with the performance upgrade package (upgraded brakes calipers, 20 inch wheels, rear spoiler, lowered suspension) and the model 3 performance without performance upgrade package, with none of those physical things listed.

The model 3 performance without the performance upgrade package is just as fast as the one with the performance upgrade package, it just has none of the extra goodies except the speed.

There no such thing as "long range performance" from tesla.

Sometimes owners paint their calipers red, and sometimes people put 20 inch wheels on the car, but if it has the factory red calipers and tesla OE 20 imch rims, its a "Model 3 performance with performance upgrade package".
Thanks for the reply...here’s a closer look at the wheels and yes it does look to have a spoiler on the back, the red calipers which look stock to me, and the 20s. It just doesn’t look lowered so I was curious. I guess this is a performance upgraded model in that case? Is the ride harsher on these?

Attachments

• 68C7D066-F9F9-4EE3-A0FE-3C095E824478.png
    68C7D066-F9F9-4EE3-A0FE-3C095E824478.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
Thanks for the reply...here’s a closer look at the wheels and yes it does look to have a spoiler on the back, the red calipers which look stock to me, and the 20s. It just doesn’t look lowered so I was curious. I guess this is a performance upgraded model in that case? Is the ride harsher on these?

Thats a model 3 performance (unless someone put the factory calipers on another car, which, while possible, is pretty unlikely.

The "lowered" suspension isnt that much lower... I dont remember how much but its not much. The stock model 3 performance has a sizable wheel gap.

As for "is the ride harsher?" I am not touching that, because one persons "harsh" is another persons "sporty". One persons "comfortable" is another persons "floaty, and crappy".

It feels fairly sporty to me, but thats my own personal opinion based on my experiences. Note, my car is a 2018 model 3 performance, with performance package.

Reactions: MODEL+