Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Mode 3 Variant Naming Convention.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, now that the 2019 style of the Stealth 3 is coming out, and it will NOT include Track Mode or the higher top speed, I propose the following naming convention for P3D's:

P3D : Any Model 3 with the spoiler, pedals, brakes, wheels, suspension, Track Mode and 162mph.

OG Stealth : previously referred to as P3D-. These cars match the P3D in every way on software, but do not have the pedals, brakes, wheels, or suspension upgrades (although some of us may have performed these mods after purchase).

P3D- : the 2019 variant of the car, which is an AWD in every way, except for the acceleration uncork that matches the other 2 variants.

OK, now that the 2019 style of the Stealth 3 is coming out, and it will NOT include Track Mode or the higher top speed, I propose the following naming convention for P3D's:

P3D : Any Model 3 with the spoiler, pedals, brakes, wheels, suspension, Track Mode and 162mph.

OG Stealth : previously referred to as P3D-. These cars match the P3D in every way on software, but do not have the pedals, brakes, wheels, or suspension upgrades (although some of us may have performed these mods after purchase).

P3D- : the 2019 variant of the car, which is an AWD in every way, except for the acceleration uncork that matches the other 2 variants.

Where did you learn that the 2019 P3D- won’t have track mode?

Very curious what Tesla is thinking. Is there hardware differences in the 2018 P3D- or they don’t want to cripple P3D+?

If no track mode then I would call them. Don’t change original conventional names. It will be confusing reading old threads.

P3D (any Performance variation)
P3D+ (includes factory upgraded brakes)
P3D- (2018 Performance no upgraded brakes but with track mode)
P3D~ (2019 P3D- with no track mode)

Makes you wonder if they might release an OTA upgrade for AWD option.

P3D doesn't make any sense. Please stop using that.

M3P makes sense, and M3P+ or M3P-, if you want.
Totally agree that P3D is the wrong path. The P100D reference scheme is antiquated and “P3D” should be left behind.

The +/- nomenclature is problematic as well. What happens when Tesla rolls out the upgraded Performance Package? I mean, Michelin isn’t making Tesla-spec 275 PS4S tires just for the aftermarket.

Reactions: afadeev and Roys3

Is there a resource for the "no track mode" or lack of the higher top speed? I sure don't need the higher top speed, I am just surprised, and hadn't heard that track mode wasn't supported.

Many folks are hearing from Tesla reps that Track mode is not included.

One example: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/cejl1y/p3_w_18_wheels_is_5000_less_but_also_removes_many/

Many folks were also hearing the new P- costs the same as the P+ while others heard different.

Until we get a definitive official answer from Tesla about if the new P- does or does not differ from the old one we probably should wait on giving it a name, since it might already have one.