Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model 3 drifing/burning rubber

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the Model 3 P to be a track demon as Musk insists it will, it would have to have a mode that turns traction control off and even ABS possibly. This is probably going to be only available on P spec cars.
I certainly hope you are right!
My Subaru WRXs could do similar stunts in the snow with TC ON. Not sure about dry asphalt, but still.
Any wiggle room will be appreciated for not-on-track shenanigans. For on-track, all off would be ideal of course.

For the Model 3 P to be a track demon as Musk insists it will, it would have to have a mode that turns traction control off and even ABS possibly. This is probably going to be only available on P spec cars.
My Subaru WRXs could do similar stunts in the snow with TC ON. Not sure about dry asphalt, but still.
Any wiggle room will be appreciated for not-on-track shenanigans. For on-track, all off would be ideal of course.

Perfect for burnouts at the Dairy Queen.

• Funny
Reactions: e-FTW
The reason I wonder if TC was actually off is that a "relaxed" TC like Subaru's allowed for a little opposite steering while not cutting power or jumping on the brakes. It allowed me to hold a slide until I turned the wheel a little too much at which point HAL 9000 would cut in.
Watching the above video, I did not see extreme opposite steering angles, so I wonder of that driver was simply testing to see where the limit was and when the machine would jump in and kill the party.

The reason I wonder if TC was actually off is that a "relaxed" TC like Subaru's allowed for a little opposite steering while not cutting power or jumping on the brakes. It allowed me to hold a slide until I turned the wheel a little too much at which point HAL 9000 would cut in.
Watching the above video, I did not see extreme opposite steering angles, so I wonder of that driver was simply testing to see where the limit was and when the machine would jump in and kill the party.

differing levels of intervention would be great. similar to most performance cars in this class that have something along the lines of 'normal, sport, track, and wet.'
can't wait to see some real performance driving... this driver looks like he's just messing around, trying to get the wheels to slip and make smoke which can certainly be fun in it's own right.

Reactions: e-FTW