Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model 3 now shows 3.3 0-60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking over the changes that were made to the design page of the Model 3 and noticed that the P3D has a 0-60 of 3.3 instead of the 3.5. Was there an update to increase the 0-60 time or did Tesla just decide to be less conservative than it usually is with the numbers?

What are the chances we might see the Long Range and Dual Motor get a lower 0-60 number now that the Mid-Range batteries are out?

Reactions: Sg911
I suppose we won’t really know until the more recent cars are tested, but likely they just switched to using rollout vs. no rollout. The cars are already getting 3.2 second measurements to 60mph using the same standard used by Tesla’s S and X P100D, which includes 1ft rollout.

Or maybe there’s a slight uncorking coming up for P3D owners!

I guess the roll/no roll makes sense, looks like they forgot the change the numbers everywhere. It still shows up as 3.5 seconds when you scroll for more information.

Attachments

• tes.JPG
    tes.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 60
interesting....will have to redragy it to see if v9 made any improvement. previous version literally placed it on 3.5 so it would be a nice surprise to see if numbers have improved on an otherwise stock setup. haven't had the need to floor it recently but now i have a reason :D

Reactions: SD_Engnr
interesting....will have to redragy it to see if v9 made any improvement. previous version literally placed it on 3.5 so it would be a nice surprise to see if numbers have improved on an otherwise stock setup. haven't had the need to floor it recently but now i have a reason :D
True, you think that would be a version 9 update or another ota uncorking during the night!

FWIW, I thought I noticed improved performance after my software update via my butt dyno. I checked 0-60 via pocketdyno+ (not the gold standard, but good enough for comparisons) and it showed a .2 second improvement, so I know it wasn’t in my head. Then I saw this from Tesla today for confirmation... I’m pretty happy.

Reactions: Arpe
Wouldn't the AWD be 0.2 sec faster if it included the rollout too?
I would think yes, that's why it's kinda funny. No consistent adjustment across the line, leading us all only to confusion and speculation.

Another crazy theory: perhaps they did add rollout across the line...so in order to do so for the AWD, they would have had to slow it down in order for the new spec to remain the same.

I dont think that is what happened, but not enough info to really understand Tesla's logic yet.

0-60ft is still likely around 1.8XX. I got that on aero wheels with 235 all season tires right before I installed V9 update. Dragtimes is showing model S's with 1.6XX 0-60ft. I could see a launch mode shaving 0.2 more seconds. Add on some forged aftermarket wheels, 265 summer tires, TI lug bolts, and two piece rotors and you might see 3.0 sec flat.

Reactions: JoshPA
0-60ft is still likely around 1.8XX. I got that on aero wheels with 235 all season tires right before I installed V9 update. Dragtimes is showing model S's with 1.6XX 0-60ft. I could see a launch mode shaving 0.2 more seconds. Add on some forged aftermarket wheels, 265 summer tires, TI lug bolts, and two piece rotors and you might see 3.0 sec flat.

I used to pull 1.6x 60 foot times on my 2G diamond star, 17 inch wheels with the stock tires. I can't imagine the P3D is not capable of a 1.6. Come on launch mode.

but not enough info to really understand Tesla's logic yet.

Tesla does the same thing on the S/X... they include rollout in the listed 0-60 for P models, but not regular ones, to make the P look better.
Yep, been this way for awhile. For a numbers geek like me, it’s very off putting. Add in the obfuscation for marketing purposes and, well, it’s a bad look.

I used to pull 1.6x 60 foot times on my 2G diamond star, 17 inch wheels with the stock tires. I can't imagine the P3D is not capable of a 1.6. Come on launch mode.
How long would your drivetrain last doing 1.6sec 60 foot times at every light? You also had much shorter gearing than the Model 3 has. Maybe they could add a launch mode that could only be used once a month or something :D