Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model 3 removed unlimited supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had their unlimited supercharging removed? Have a performance that was delivered right after EM tweeted (oct 2018) that the performance package was now included. Talked to tesla about having unlimited supercharging as a result of not getting the package. Would have selected it had it been free. In the account it stated free supercharging which was extended because I complained. It has been removed to pay per supercharging. Anyone else experienced this?

The end date for model 3s to have free unlimited supercharging on the performance version was September 30th. If your car was delivered after that, it didnt qualify. Since you didnt buy the performance package, you obviously couldnt get a refund on buying the performance package.

Since your car was delivered after Sept 30th 2018, anything they offered you would have been due to "customer satisfaction" and not something they needed to do. It doesnt matter that you took delivery "right after" it was stated the performance package was included, because at that point you had the choice NOT to take delivery. You chose to take delivery, so thats on you.

You say you would have taken the performance package if it was free, but you had that choice because you took delivery after the announcement, and after the deadline for free unlimited supercharging.

The end date for model 3s to have free unlimited supercharging on the performance version was September 30th. If your car was delivered after that, it didnt qualify. Since you didnt buy the performance package, you obviously couldnt get a refund on buying the performance package.

This isn't correct, exactly. If the ORDER date was prior to ~September 30th (originally it was September 19th or so and then it got extended for 10 days or so, AND you had to use a referral code to get it), then you qualified for FUSC with Performance package (upgraded package (brakes, spoiler, wheels) or not).

Delivery well after that date was fine (even into November, you still qualified). That's how there are "super-gifted" Model 3 owners, who BOTH got the $5k discount on their Performance Model 3 (with the Performance package, not the Stealth) AND got Free Unlimited Supercharging. They ordered by the deadline, with a referral, and took delivery after the price drop (which they got if they ordered the Performance upgrade package).

But you did have to order prior to the date you mentioned, and you had to use a referral code.

Now, for the OP, it's very confusing to me the way he said it, but I think I interpret it to mean that he ordered the Stealth Performance (and if ordered after September 30th he did not qualify for FUSC as you said), for $5k less than the Performance Package, originally, but when the price change occurred subsequently, to Performance packaging being included at the same price as the Stealth, he complained and asked them to deliver him the Stealth at his same order price, but with FUSC included (which implies to me that he ordered at a time that did not qualify for FUSC).

He says they agreed to this, and added FUSC to his account. Probably it was removed in audit or something but getting this back is probably going to be a long road. It is outside the normal realm of qualification for free supercharging. I agree that really the only legit "flow" in his case (if he ordered after the deadline) would have been to take delivery of the vehicle with the Performance package included at his original price point (so adding Performance upgrade package for "free").

As you know, a lot of owners ordering before the deadline, and taking delivery (before or after the deadline) with FUSC and the Performance (or Stealth) package got upset about the $5k price drop on the Performance package, and were able to get $5k back in exchange for giving up FUSC. But that was only for those people who qualified for FUSC.

There are huge detailed flowcharts dedicated to this, if anyone wants to recall the history; just have to search. It's entirely possible there's a few alternative flows I'm missing here, haha. I remember some of the charts claimed you could get "double" FUSC, haha, don't remember the exact qualification method for that.

Last edited:
This isn't correct, exactly. If the ORDER date was prior to ~September 30th (originally it was September 19th or so and then it got extended for 10 days or so, AND you had to use a referral code to get it), then you qualified for FUSC with Performance package.

Delivery well after that date was fine (even into November, you still qualified). That's how there are "super-gifted" Model 3 owners, who BOTH got the $5k discount on their Performance Model 3 (with the Performance package, not the Stealth) AND got Free Unlimited Supercharging. They ordered by the deadline, with a referral, and took delivery after the price drop (which they got).

But you did have to order prior to the date you mentioned, and you had to use a referral code.

Now, for the OP, it's very confusing to me the way he said it, but I think I interpret it to mean that he ordered the Stealth Performance (and if ordered after September 30th he did not qualify for FUSC as you said), for $5k less than the Performance Package, originally, but when the price change occurred subsequently, to Performance packaging being included at the same price as the Stealth, he complained and asked them to deliver him the Stealth at his same order price, but with FUSC included (which implies to me that he ordered at a time that did not qualify for FUSC).

He says they agreed to this, and added FUSC to his account. Probably it was removed in audit or something but getting this back is probably going to be a long road. It is outside the normal realm of qualification for free supercharging. I agree that really the only legit "flow" in his case (if he ordered after the deadline) would have been to take delivery of the vehicle with the Performance package included at his original price point (so adding Performance upgrade package for "free").

As you know, a lot of owners ordering before the deadline, and taking delivery (before or after the deadline) with FUSC and the Performance (or Stealth) package got upset about the $5k price drop on the Performance package, and were able to get $5k back in exchange for giving up FUSC. But that was only for those people who qualified for FUSC.

There are huge detailed flowcharts dedicated to this, if anyone wants to recall the history; just have to search. It's entirely possible there's a few alternative flows I'm missing here, haha. I remember some of the charts claimed you could get "double" FUSC, haha, don't remember the exact qualification method for that.

Thanks for the additional detail and correction on dates. I remember the process flows and such, but as I ordered my vehicle in november, and took delivery in early december, I was not impacted by this.

If tesla did something "outside of process" for this OP, there has likely been enough turnover for it to be almost impossible to get it back.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life