Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model 3 Snow Tires/Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 9 pages of thread how are you going to run 18s with the M3P+ ?
I have a performance 3 dual with all the options ticked. From what I’ve read it seems I’d need to go with another set of 20s with snows to clear the brakes. Did I miss something here ?

Either buy the T-sportline wheels (18, 19, or 20) with winter rubber on them, or buy rubber to put on your existing 20s.

• Love
Reactions: davidrmay
After 9 pages of thread how are you going to run 18s with the M3P+ ?
I have a performance 3 dual with all the options ticked. From what I’ve read it seems I’d need to go with another set of 20s with snows to clear the brakes. Did I miss something here ?
OEM 18s and 19s, according to Tesla, don't fit.
TSportline 18s and 19s, according to TSportline, do fit.

How’s the quality of the tsportline wheels ?
It had some, yes. I'm not sure I would say "a lot" though.
is 22 1/4 oz stickers on one wheel a lot?

How’s the quality of the tsportline wheels ?
build quality is great. the finish leaves a little bit to be desired... whoever installed the wheels as part of the kitt managed to rub off some of the matte coating on th edge of the rims.

Ordered the 235/35R-20 MICHELIN PILOT ALPIN PA4 N-SPEC N0(PORSCHE), ASYMMETRIC, GT4 XL from Tire Rack for just over $1k. I live in Kansas City and plan on only doing one more winter here so investing in another set of wheels wasn’t worth it to me. I drive 80 miles round trip to work daily. Drive a BMW M3 on 18” Blizzaks last year. No problems but necessary. Car should be delivered in a couple weeks. Can’t wait!

Those TSportline wheels look great... but are perhaps needlessly expensive for a winter wheel. My theory/hope: between now and the onset of cold/winter, the industry will catch up a bit, and there will be dozens of choices across the usual price range. Or perhaps Tesla themselves will figure out a modified 18 or 19 wheel that fits the P3+ hub/brakes. Regardless, it seems like some strategic patience will pay off.

Those TSportline wheels look great... but are perhaps needlessly expensive for a winter wheel. My theory/hope: between now and the onset of cold/winter, the industry will catch up a bit, and there will be dozens of choices across the usual price range. Or perhaps Tesla themselves will figure out a modified 18 or 19 wheel that fits the P3+ hub/brakes. Regardless, it seems like some strategic patience will pay off.
I am waiting for Tesla to come out with their own solution as well.

Model 3 19" Sport Wheel and Winter Tire Package

confirmation from tesla that their 19" wheel package does not fit either.

Looks like I will be going with Tsportline...but they are also being very uncooperative. I'm not aware of ANY other vendor that sells rims that fit the performance+ hubs though for 18" and 19" rims.

I want 19" over 18" (bit concerned with how tight 18" would be). However I also want Nokian WR-G3/4 tires, which don't come narrow enough for tesla stock(235/40/19). Only 3 sizes available for 19" : 245/45/19 (3% bigger diameter) and then 255/35/19 and 255/40/19. Tsportline says they won't do any fitment checks or send measurements for me to do the check.

So: Anyone know how 255/40/19 will do as a winter tire? Do I lose a lot of range and/or grip by going to a tire that wide?

If necessary I could go with the TST 18" wheels (I wanted metallic grey not space grey as well). Nokian does have the proper stock size for the 18" wheels. I might also get more range (big issue for winter driving!) with those wheels?

Thoughts?

Hey all, jumping in and I think I read through the thread well. I have been debating what to do here and really am not wanting new rims. Huge Hakka fan (have had 4 sets on different cars and forced at least 10+ sets on friends/family), nothing beats them. Thus I was on there site and found Hakka 9 studded in 245/40r20. The 245 other threads say is perfectly fine, but the 40 has me worried. That is significant ~20% (1.2" total wheel height more). Does anyone have experience here on these? If these fit and don't rub suspension, it seems we may have a drop in tires, that will have better winter handling characteristics: softer winter ride and while you never want to go wider with winters, the stock 235 are woefully skinny and 245 would make sense for winters if efficiency was not a factor.

Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 - Functionality for the Northern winter / Nokian Tires

Model 3 19" Sport Wheel and Winter Tire Package

confirmation from tesla that their 19" wheel package does not fit either.

Looks like I will be going with Tsportline...but they are also being very uncooperative. I'm not aware of ANY other vendor that sells rims that fit the performance+ hubs though for 18" and 19" rims.

I want 19" over 18" (bit concerned with how tight 18" would be). However I also want Nokian WR-G3/4 tires, which don't come narrow enough for tesla stock(235/40/19). Only 3 sizes available for 19" : 245/45/19 (3% bigger diameter) and then 255/35/19 and 255/40/19. Tsportline says they won't do any fitment checks or send measurements for me to do the check.

So: Anyone know how 255/40/19 will do as a winter tire? Do I lose a lot of range and/or grip by going to a tire that wide?

If necessary I could go with the TST 18" wheels (I wanted metallic grey not space grey as well). Nokian does have the proper stock size for the 18" wheels. I might also get more range (big issue for winter driving!) with those wheels?

Thoughts?

Apparently EVT has started selling their 19" rims for the P3D+. EVT Wheel for Tesla Model 3 ("Turbine" Style)

If they have better customer service I'll go with them.

I just ordered a P3D+, and I'm looking at the winter tire options here. Even though my area doesn't see snow, we do see cold temperatures and wet conditions, for which the Pilot Sport 4S isn't appropriate.

Now debating between the T-Sportline 18s and the new EVT 19s. Though the T-Sportline 18s fit, the clearance between the wheel and the brake calipers bothers me. The EVT 19s are less expensive, but no Nokian WRG4s are available in the proper size, so I'd need to go to the Vredestein Quatrac 5 instead if I want a 3PMS tire.

Probably will end up going with the T-Sportline 18s.

• Disagree
Reactions: DrDabbles