Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model 3 Snow Tires/Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The T Sportlines are on the Model 3 performance. 19 inch wheels with sottozero 3. Right for the 1st flakes of the season in Minnesota.

Attachments

• 62F7BA18-F166-4547-ACBB-AFF4D750C644.jpeg
    62F7BA18-F166-4547-ACBB-AFF4D750C644.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 184
  • EAAD5B0A-C21A-4DBE-90F0-B766068BBA00.jpeg
    EAAD5B0A-C21A-4DBE-90F0-B766068BBA00.jpeg
    462.9 KB · Views: 117
I ordered these off TireRack

18X8.5 FLOW ONE RACE SPEC F2 GLOSS GUN
235/45R-18 PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO 3

They're a little blingy, but I don't hate them. They were half the price of the TST 18" wheels and not much heavier. I dropped 4.3 pounds per corner from the OEM 20" wheels and Michelin 4S 's..

I went for Sottozero's because they lean toward better dry grip, but still decent in snow. I will drive the truck in deep snow.

View attachment 352738
View attachment 352740

I think the FLOW ONE F2s look great on your car. How is the clearance between the brake caliper and the wheel drum?

So I picked up my P3D+ today with the A/S 3+ already swapped by the SC and it was amazing. I think it was a better ride experience then the Pilot 4S that I test drove, twice. There has been said above in this forum about howling sound or it being loud but I think if no one was nitpicking, I wouldn't have noticed and when I did, I barely even noticed it. It was no issue or an annoyance problems at all. So far I've been surprise and impressed on how amazing and comfortable the A/S 3+ tires are. I have 300+ miles on them with mostly highway driving.
Hi skrtskrt,

Unfortunately, that is the issue. Some experience very little noise, while others (like myself) experience terrible noise. If you read the tirerack reviews carefully, some rave about how quiet they are, while others make a point to talk about how noisy they are. There is a quality control problem with these and it's a luck of the draw. I'm glad yours are on the quiet side and hope they remain that way.

• Informative
Reactions: brianman

They're a little blingy, but I don't hate them. They were half the price of the TST 18" wheels and not much heavier. I dropped 4.3 pounds per corner from the OEM 20" wheels and Michelin 4S 's..

I went for Sottozero's because they lean toward better dry grip, but still decent in snow. I will drive the truck in deep snow.

View attachment 352738
View attachment 352740

Did you need to offset them? or did they come with the little hub fitment thing the P3D wheels have

Did you need to offset them? or did they come with the little hub fitment thing the P3D wheels have

No spacers needed. Tire rack has "model 3 performance with upgraded brakes" as an option when buying so I was sure they would fit.

They do have a larger bore and use a centering ring though. I wasn't excited about that but I assume it will be fine. The centering ring fits about 5mm deeper into the bore, creating space for the PUP lip.

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51
The T Sportlines are on the Model 3 performance. 19 inch wheels with sottozero 3. Right for the 1st flakes of the season in Minnesota.

Wow, those look great! I'll have my set on tomorrow and will try to post before and after pictures.
Did you put them on yourself or take the car some place? I'm planning on doing the swap myself but may have to skip that if I don't have time.

View attachment 352738
View attachment 352740

Did these come with spaces that fit appropriately? How is the ride so far?

I was going to get the TSportline Wheels this Black Friday, but it's snowing out, and I didn't want to wait and pay a *sugar* load in shipping so I ended up with 19x8.5 Axis Model Twos with Michelin Alpin PA-4s from Tire Rack! Ended up being over a $1,000 less than TSportline with local pickup at my TireRack distribution center. Pumped to get them on this weekend. I'll post some pics once they're installed.

Just got off the phone with TSportline to cancel my order. The rep I spoke to was very friendly, they answered my call right away, and I had a cancellation confirmation email before we hung up. I'm not sure what's happening with people complaining about not being able to reach their customer service folks, but I have had no such problem whenever I've tried.

Either way, they aren't expecting to ship the 18" wheels until end of the month, so if you're in the northeast US, you're going to want to find an alternative real soon. Tire rack is still shipping the Flow One F3 for Monday. The F2 are out of stock in nearby warehouses, so they're coming from Georgia and Oregon, which means they won't be here until Wednesday.

• Informative
Reactions: happyluckbox
Hi skrtskrt,

Unfortunately, that is the issue. Some experience very little noise, while others (like myself) experience terrible noise. If you read the tirerack reviews carefully, some rave about how quiet they are, while others make a point to talk about how noisy they are. There is a quality control problem with these and it's a luck of the draw. I'm glad yours are on the quiet side and hope they remain that way.

Picked up the AS 3+ as well. Wish me luck. So far no problems at all.

Reactions: ghostbusta
Hi All

Well I am gutted. I ordered the 19" Tesla winter wheel package from their online store back in September for my performance model 3 (with the performance upgrade package), only to find out today (after they have been installed by a 3rd party), that they are not compatible. So I guess I am going to have to return them. I am thinking about the 19" TSportline option (link below). Has anyone else installed these yet and would you recommend them? Thanks all!

Hi All

Well I am gutted. I ordered the 19" Tesla winter wheel package from their online store back in September for my performance model 3 (with the performance upgrade package), only to find out today (after they have been installed by a 3rd party), that they are not compatible. So I guess I am going to have to return them. I am thinking about the 19" TSportline option (link below). Has anyone else installed these yet and would you recommend them? Thanks all!

There's 27 pages of people installing the tsportline wheels. They work fine, nobody's complaining about them cracking or anything, so if you like them and they're in stock, order them up. It's all personal preference.

There's 27 pages of people installing the tsportline wheels. They work fine, nobody's complaining about them cracking or anything, so if you like them and they're in stock, order them up. It's all personal preference.

What is everyone's experience with how long it took for your Tsportline order to ship? (asking specifically for items that were in stock when you ordered)

Thanks!