Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model 3 Snow Tires/Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered these off TireRack

18X8.5 FLOW ONE RACE SPEC F2 GLOSS GUN
235/45R-18 PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO 3

They're a little blingy, but I don't hate them. They were half the price of the TST 18" wheels and not much heavier. I dropped 4.3 pounds per corner from the OEM 20" wheels and Michelin 4S 's..

I went for Sottozero's because they lean toward better dry grip, but still decent in snow. I will drive the truck in deep snow.

View attachment 352738
[

I ordered the exact same wheels but with Hakkapeliitta R3s. They are getting installed today I think they look great on your car. Anxious to see them on my blue car. I will post pics when I have it back

Last edited:
Reactions: matto
Just got off the phone with TSportline to cancel my order. The rep I spoke to was very friendly, they answered my call right away, and I had a cancellation confirmation email before we hung up. I'm not sure what's happening with people complaining about not being able to reach their customer service folks, but I have had no such problem whenever I've tried.

Either way, they aren't expecting to ship the 18" wheels until end of the month, so if you're in the northeast US, you're going to want to find an alternative real soon. Tire rack is still shipping the Flow One F3 for Monday. The F2 are out of stock in nearby warehouses, so they're coming from Georgia and Oregon, which means they won't be here until Wednesday.
I had the same experience. TSportline was very accommodating. Ordered the F2 from Tire Rack. Being installed today with Hakkapeliitta R3. Anxious to get them on as winter has come early to Michigan.

I just received wheels/tires from Tirerack and the wheels have the hubcentric rings installed, but it looks like there is a retaining clip that's supposed to hold in the rings and the rings are too thick to be able to place the retaining clip in. The wheels have a sticker over the inside from shipping, when I remove the sticker the retaining clips just fall out on all 4 wheels. Anyone have this issue? Is it ok to install the wheel with the hubcentric rings just sitting in the wheel? My guess is the clips just help when getting the wheels/rings off but I wanted to make sure.

• Informative
Reactions: UltralightBeam
Got my 19" @Tsportline wheels/Pereilli Sotozero 3 today!
I ran into some problems trying to put them on. (not with the wheels, they're great!)
My low profile floor jack and the APDTY jack pad were too thick, they didn't fit under the car. I decided to make a jack pad out of a hockey puck and dowel (see i1Tesla youtube video) this worked but I spent lots of time driving around looking for a hockey puck. It was starting to get dark.
After I made the jack pad, things went pretty quick. The new wheels are on and the original summers are in the basement. Pictures will have to wait for daylight.

I just received wheels/tires from Tirerack and the wheels have the hubcentric rings installed, but it looks like there is a retaining clip that's supposed to hold in the rings and the rings are too thick to be able to place the retaining clip in. The wheels have a sticker over the inside from shipping, when I remove the sticker the retaining clips just fall out on all 4 wheels. Anyone have this issue? Is it ok to install the wheel with the hubcentric rings just sitting in the wheel? My guess is the clips just help when getting the wheels/rings off but I wanted to make sure.

This confused me for quite some time too. Eventually I figured out that there are actually two retaining clips.

One thicker clip but smaller radius - this one holds the plastic wheel cap.

One thinner clip but larger radius - this one holds the centering ring from sliding out. They may be in there doing their job and you don't even see them

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51
Before is with the original 20" wheels with the Michelin Sport 4Ss
After is with the TSportline 19" wheels with the Pereilli Sotozero 3

Attachments

• carBefore.jpg
    carBefore.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 302
  • carAfter.jpg
    carAfter.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 305
Reactions: ChicagoP3D
I've had a Tsportline 18" order in for a couple of weeks, but now that they are hedging on delivering in November, I canceled that order today to switch to Tire Rack. I don't like Tire Rack's wheel choices as well, but they are cheaper, and they have several choices in stock that they said they could get to me by Nov 26. They have the tires I want, too.

So after canceling the Tsportline order, I went to place the Tire Rack order. The first two wheel sets I tried, during the checkout process it told me they were "no longer in stock". Even though the web site still says they are in stock and can be delivered by Nov 26. Finally the third set of wheels I tried worked. Yay! Not the wheels I want, but at least I save some money and will get them by Nov 26...

Then I got the confirmation email from Tire Rack. It says the wheels are "special order", and the TPMS is out of stock and the next delivery is "estimated" to be Dec 1.

So now I have an order in for wheels I like less, but no more idea when I might get them. Tire Rack doesn't answer phones on the weekend, so I sent in mail asking for clarity on the delivery date. Sigh.

So, had my Tire Rack wheels with snows mounted today and 1 of the TPMS sensors isn't functioning, with theTPMS error message now on all of the time. I called Tire Rack and they suggested deflating by 10 lbs and then re-inflating. I have tried that without success. Any ideas?

View attachment 351607 View attachment 351608 I am running TSW Chicane wheels with Blizzak LM 001 tires. The centering rings needed to be shorter longitudinally, but we were able to cut them down. I am running them without the rings right now and will add them later. They didn’t believe me when I told them about the lip issue. I might just give TSW a call and see if they have new rings for this now.

Tires a bit noisier than stock, but just barely noticeable. So far with the small amount of snow we have had it has performed very well.

where did you order those from? mind sharing a few more pictures?

This confused me for quite some time too. Eventually I figured out that there are actually two retaining clips.

One thicker clip but smaller radius - this one holds the plastic wheel cap.

One thinner clip but larger radius - this one holds the centering ring from sliding out. They may be in there doing their job and you don't even see them

I wish this was the case, but alas no the retaining clips won't hold the ring in. The cap is held in place by another ring you are correct. I talked to Tirerack yesterday about this and they agreed that the clip is useful only to keep the rings in the wheels when taking the wheels OFF, so I felt comfortable installing the wheels without the clips.

view

I went with all-season Bridgestones because I think they will be adequate for Winters here (they have good snow ratings) and provide decent performance when it's not snowing. I'm super happy with the rim color choice, it's not bling but still looks nice IMHO.

Nice. That's the MT6 Vita in matte titanium? Those are the wheels I tried to buy for my gray Model 3 yesterday. Online it still says they are in stock and can deliver to me by 11/23...but when I actually tried to place the order, it said they didn't have any.

Finally got my winter wheels and tires installed Saturday. 18” Flow One F2s in gloss gunmetal silver (from TireRack.com) with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 tires (from SimpleTire.com). I am very happy with look and noticed right away the improved range compared to my stock 20” summer tires. Alloy Gator rim protectors also installed.

FF5D0B0F-BD49-46AC-992B-7F13975DD1B6.jpeg
629AC7F2-DF82-4F0F-9D75-99C279D23680.jpeg E78F8C65-7E12-442D-9F84-55C379D35121.jpeg

Reactions: ChadS
I ordered the Michelin Pilot Alpin, looking forward to these.

@Musclez,

You’ll absolutely LOVE these Alpins. I have had them on my P3D+ for afew weeks. Love them. As quiet if not quieter to the ear as the 4Ss. I have a decimal meter and on that they are ‘identical’, so good news there. SUPER grippy though not as grippy as the 4Ss. It IS a Winter Tire. Really like them and super satisfied. No change at all in energy useage. Identical Wh/Mi. More good news so no hit on efficiency. I’ve already had them in Winter Mix/Sleet/precipitation and you’d swear you were on Sports!
Did I say I LOVE these tires? Win! Win! All around. Pilot Sport 4Ss are tucked away for the winter.
Let me know what you think when you get them mounted and try them out.

Ski