Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model 3 Snow Tires/Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently, Vibe Motors is reworking my Savini wheels with Savini to have properly fit my P3D+. First time around it did not fit because of the improper drilling that did not clear the 3mm lip even though I did proper due diligence. So much work sending it back and having to remount. It took 2 days of troubleshooting first time around just to find out it was improper fit, thinking it was user error since I was reassured multiple times that it was custom drilled to my vehicle. I am hoping that second time around, it will be done right for all of our sake. Meantime, we have been getting snow days where I live and unable to use my vehicle. If it was done right, 1st time around, it would have been perfect timing since the snow weather started after Thanks Giving. Anyway, so far Vibe Motor's Management has been very responsive and is trying to expedite the process. My wheels also arrived originally with some cosmetic defects ( deep razor cut past the gloss paint as well as a very tiny point defect at two areas). Maybe caused during mounting my Michelin Alpin 5 tires at Vibe Motors. Also, the center Savini emblems were all loose and one fell off during the unsuccessful test drive when it was rattling secondary to nonflush fit.

Vibe Motors has the wheels and the tires today and will dismount and work with Savini to make it work. Savini engineers are supposed to have updated their specs to be properly drilled. At this time I am trusting that both companies will make it work right this time around. I will also pay attention to what they will be doing for the cosmetic defect as well. I paid over 3K for the package and expect to live up to its cost. So far I am confident they will come through and hoping for the best. Will update with the result and with pictures so that the Tesla forum members will have other good viable options, if it works out well this time around. That's the price I guess we pay sometimes being the early adopter. Wish me luck, everyone!

Currently, Vibe Motors is reworking my Savini wheels with Savini to have properly fit my P3D+. First time around it did not fit because of the improper drilling that did not clear the 3mm lip even though I did proper due diligence. So much work sending it back and having to remount. It took 2 days of troubleshooting first time around just to find out it was improper fit, thinking it was user error since I was reassured multiple times that it was custom drilled to my vehicle. I am hoping that second time around, it will be done right for all of our sake. Meantime, we have been getting snow days where I live and unable to use my vehicle. If it was done right, 1st time around, it would have been perfect timing since the snow weather started after Thanks Giving. Anyway, so far Vibe Motor's Management has been very responsive and is trying to expedite the process. My wheels also arrived originally with some cosmetic defects ( deep razor cut past the gloss paint as well as a very tiny point defect at two areas). Maybe caused during mounting my Michelin Alpin 5 tires at Vibe Motors. Also, the center Savini emblems were all loose and one fell off during the unsuccessful test drive when it was rattling secondary to nonflush fit.

Vibe Motors has the wheels and the tires today and will dismount and work with Savini to make it work. Savini engineers are supposed to have updated their specs to be properly drilled. At this time I am trusting that both companies will make it work right this time around. I will also pay attention to what they will be doing for the cosmetic defect as well. I paid over 3K for the package and expect to live up to its cost. So far I am confident they will come through and hoping for the best. Will update with the result and with pictures so that the Tesla forum members will have other good viable options, if it works out well this time around. That's the price I guess we pay sometimes being the early adopter. Wish me luck, everyone!

Which wheel did you end up getting?

Which wheel did you end up getting?
Savini-SV-F1-Gloss-Black.jpg

Awesome, thanks! 96V is the load rating, I think that means they are the XL variant suggested for the heavy Tesla's :)
Yup, same here.

Got mine today. Unfortunately 1 of the 4 wheels I received is not for the PUP, so I can't put them on. Not sure how they ship 3 correct wheels, and 1 incorrect one, seems like mistakes would come in 2's on wheel packages. Anyways, super bummed that I can't drive the car due to the cold and I'm sure it'll be another long delay before I have all the correct wheels. Ordered the wheels mid-October :(

I didn't even check my wheels when they showed up :eek: - was it obvious when you were putting them on that the fit was wrong? I'm worried I may have put on a non-PUP wheel or 2.

You won’t be able to seat the wheel completely due to no cutout for the part that sticks out of the hub. If the rims are flush with no gaps between the rim against the hubs you have the PUP wheels. You’ll also experience vibrations like an unbalanced wheel with the wrong wheels.

• Helpful
Reactions: HBDesiato
IMG_0357.jpg

Wheel: 19" TST Matte Black
Tire: Nokian WRG4 255/40R19

I just have a regular AWD but thought I'd post my setup. Really happy with the Nokians and gonna be keeping them on year round. Also, going over on the tire width worked out great. It grips better, looks better, and makes curb rash nearly impossible.

• Love
Reactions: HBDesiato
I didn't even check my wheels when they showed up :eek: - was it obvious when you were putting them on that the fit was wrong? I'm worried I may have put on a non-PUP wheel or 2.
Yeah it was pretty obvious, the others sat flush, and this one wheel had a gap at the hub and wobbled while mounting. TSportline went out of their way to get in touch with me today to get the right wheel shipped as quickly as possible. They also threw in some swag for the inconvenience, so kudos to their whole team. There's no snow in the outlook, but its below freezing every day for the next few days, so I'll get another rental for work for a couple of days until the 4th wheel arrives. Talked to my buddy about a spacer, and it wouldn't be here any quicker than the 4th wheel getting expedited, so waiting is the best option in my case.

I ordered a wheel and tire package from tire rack with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 N-SPEC 235/40R19 tires. These tires are SL and have a load index of 92. Is there any issue with using these tires? It seems like 92 should work, but I'm not sure if it being SL and not XL matters. Do I need to use a lower tire pressure?

My P3D+ is being delivered next week (upgrade from RWD) so was looking for easy options for trips to Tahoe which are pretty much ruled out on the default summer tires.

From past experience when I had a Subaru STi, I'm too lazy to get tires swapped so wanted to get a wheel/tire combo set with all season tires. That way, even if I leave them on, I'm not *totally* sacrificing dry road performance... it's not like the bay area ever sees snow.

Ended up going to Tire Rack and getting a set of 18x8.5 Flow F3's and the 235/45 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ XL. Fitted, balanced, TPMS & matching valve sleeves is currently $1,762 after the $100 Michelin rebate, which seems pretty good, will see how they compare in a couple of weeks when they arrive...

So weirdly enough and against all posts here... Costa Mesa installed the oem 19” wheels with perilli winter tires on my model 3 pup? I have been battling them for a month because i had told them I needed winter tires etc before I bought my performance car, they said yeah No problem etc.. but the 18’s didn’t fit as we all know, they called Fremont and factory has given them the green light to install the 19” winter wheel set on my car.

Drove it 35 miles home, guess it’ll be interesting when snow and ice get in there? Anyone else been told this option works?

View attachment 359088

Wheel: 19" TST Matte Black
Tire: Nokian WRG4 255/40R19

I just have a regular AWD but thought I'd post my setup. Really happy with the Nokians and gonna be keeping them on year round. Also, going over on the tire width worked out great. It grips better, looks better, and makes curb rash nearly impossible.
Is that size front and back , 255/40R19. Also what offset did you have on your wheels? Do you have any spacers? Any rub in the front when aggressively turning right or left? Just curious because this was the size I was also interested in getting. Do you have any clearance issues with the suspension or the wheel well?

I received my wheels on Saturday from T-Sportline. These are the flow-forged 18"x8.5" wheels in bright silver, which were backordered for about 8 weeks.

I'm running these with Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires in 235/45R18. These tires are all-weather tires (all-season, but are 3-peak mountain/snow rated). This is the same type of tire as the Nokian WRG3/WRG4 and the Michelin CrossClimate.

I am using Tesla center caps on these wheels instead of the T-Sportline center caps. The center caps are bright silver for the Model S 19" stock wheels (yes, the Model S).

I am using the Gorilla System wheel locks, part number 71643N. These are chrome/silver closed-end acorn-style lug nuts where every lug nut is a wheel lock -- all are keyed to the same key.

TPMS are the Autel MX Sensor-1 that I programmed and installed on the wheels myself. Running these tires at 42 psi @ 50F (will stay above 40 psi down to 30F).

Brake caliper clearance is over 1/4" on the front wheels and right at about 1/4" on the rear wheels.

Some pics:

01-frontwheel.jpg

Front Wheel

02-frontclearance.jpg

Front Brake Caliper Clearance (over 1/4")

03-frontclearanceback.jpg

Front Brake Caliper Clearance (view from back, gap is over 1/4")

04-rearwheel.jpg

Rear Wheel

05-rearclearance.jpg

Rear Brake Caliper Clearance (about 1/4")

06-rearclearanceback.jpg

Rear Brake Caliper Clearance (view from back, gap is about 1/4")

The still pictures can make it difficult to visualize the clearances. Take a look at this video from T-Sportline:

The wheels and the tires ride extremely smooth, quite a bit softer than the Pilot Sport 4S 20" tires (as expected). Have not yet driven on wet cold roads, but my wife's Model 3 is running the 18" Nokian WRG4's, and they're excellent in the cold/wet. I expect the Quatrac 5's to perform similarly.

I received my wheels on Saturday from T-Sportline. These are the flow-forged 18"x8.5" wheels in bright silver, which were backordered for about 8 weeks.

I'm running these with Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires in 235/45R18. These tires are all-weather tires (all-season, but are 3-peak mountain/snow rated). This is the same type of tire as the Nokian WRG3/WRG4 and the Michelin CrossClimate.

The wheels and the tires ride extremely smooth, quite a bit softer than the Pilot Sport 4S 20" tires (as expected). Have not yet driven on wet cold roads, but my wife's Model 3 is running the 18" Nokian WRG4's, and they're excellent in the cold/wet. I expect the Quatrac 5's to perform similarly.

How's the noise on these tires compared to the stock 20"?