Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model 3 Snow Tires/Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any concern running 18s with the different forearm links on the upgrade package? Uneven wear?

I’m waffling in P3D- and P3D+ and my order is going to confirm any day. I’ll have to figure out a winter solution quickly as it’ll be cold in MD by November and I’m torn between the Tsportline 18s or just putting all seasons on the 20s,

I'm in exactly the same position as you (in Maryland, too), except I already have the P3D+! It's either the Michelin AS3+s, or I grab the 18s with the acoustic tires. I will say I'm not looking forward to schlepping wheels around twice a year.

If you don't like the look of the aeros, I would recommend the 20s. I'm stunned by the car every time I go out :)

Last edited:
On the OEM 20" wheels, the Michelin AS3+. I also picked up a set of 18" TST wheels with Continental DWS 06.

I would probably just gotten the latter if the timing was better (the TST arrived 2 days after another out of town trip).

Eventually, I'll probably settle on summers for one of the two sets of wheels.

So did Tesla order those tires for you and then put them on your original rims?

I'm in exactly the same position as you (in Maryland, too), except I already have the P3D+! It's either the Michelin AS3+s, or I grab the 18s with the acoustic tires. I will say I'm not looking forward to schlepping wheels around twice a year.

If you don't like the look of the aeros, I would recommend the 20s. I'm stunned by the car every time I go out :)

Ok, I just upgraded to P3D+. In the market now for the Tsportline 18s or the A/S 3+. @Tsportline, any luck on measuring how much clearance there is for the rotors?

Think I've pretty much settled on the T Sportline 18's with all seasons for my P3+. Just would like to clarify that the T Sportline package includes TPM sensors and are balanced. In other words, ready to be installed using the original lug nuts and caps.

Thanks!

@Tsportline -

Any chance of the Brilliant Silver finish being offered for the 19/20” wheel/tire combo packages that fit the Performance Upgrade Pack?

19" TST in Brilliant Silver has been discontinued. 20" TST in Brilliant Silver for the Model 3 was never offered.

Think I've pretty much settled on the T Sportline 18's with all seasons for my P3+. Just would like to clarify that the T Sportline package includes TPM sensors and are balanced. In other words, ready to be installed using the original lug nuts and caps.

Thanks!

That is correct!

Getting ready for winter and just came from Discount Tires and got brilliant silver Tsportline 18s with A/S 3+ on my P3D+

The drives feels a lot smoother and a little quieter. The 20s are going int the garage for a few months or maybe even come up for sale if I like the 18s.

Last edited:
Getting ready for winter and just came from Discount Tires and got brilliant silver Tsportline 18s with A/S 3+ on my P3D+

The drives feels a lot smoother and a little quieter. The 20s are going int the garage for a few months or maybe even come up for sale if I like the 18s.

Nice!

Can you fit all four wheels/tires in the car? I have a storage unit. If it’s not a big deal to pack the 20s in the car after they’re swapped, this will be my solution

Nice!

Can you fit all four wheels/tires in the car? I have a storage unit. If it’s not a big deal to pack the 20s in the car after they’re swapped, this will be my solution

Thanks!

Yeah I folded the back seats and put in a tarp to protect the inside. You'll have to get a couple of them in the back doors in addition to the trunk for ease.

These fit the P+. Just be sure to select it in the dropdown menu. I have a set on order.

Whenever I get mine, off to Discount Tire I go to get some X-iCE in 235/45/18, and their TPMS.

I have read this thread twice over and have decided to go with the TST-18's for my winter package. Now for the tire choice - Michelin X-iCe or Pirelli Winter Sottozero. What are the pros/cons with each? Should I be considering any others?

I have read this thread twice over and have decided to go with the TST-18's for my winter package. Now for the tire choice - Michelin X-iCe or Pirelli Winter Sottozero. What are the pros/cons with each? Should I be considering any others?

I’m going with the 18’s also. Ordered them this morning. The Sottozeros as far as I can tell may be great cold weather and light snow tires that are more performance oriented. For our Minnesota winters and as much snow and ice as I encountered last year, x ices all the way. We have them for the Subaru and the Honda Pilot. Great tires. I am likely getting another set for the Tesla. Also looking at Nokian Hakka R3

Reactions: xy46