Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model 3 Snow Tires/Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're going to be switching your A/S tires for summer tires when summer comes, why not just get winter tires for winter instead of A/S?
The hazard protection on these tires seems better and I like their build quality. If for some reason there is a problem I suppose I'll know about it. I'm in downstate NY, and hoping not to drive through a blizzard, but we shall see.

Thank you everyone for your posts as this has been a great thread to help me decide on what I was going to do for my winter tires. Had 19" stock all-season tires on my 2014 P85D and found them to be horrible for driving in snow, although never changed them out. With the new Performance 3, I want dedicated winter tires. Decided to order T-Sportline's 18" TST Flow Forged Wheels (lighter weight than their 19") and Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3's (235/45-18) for my winter tires. Anxious to get them here and ready to mount on the car. I also have to put a plug in for Alloy Gators. Installed them on my 2014 P85D shortly after delivery, and they have saved me from rim rash more times than I can count. No rim protection could be better as far as I am concerned. Already have a set on my summer rims and a second set ready to go when the winter set gets here.

Thank you everyone for your posts as this has been a great thread to help me decide on what I was going to do for my winter tires. Had 19" stock all-season tires on my 2014 P85D and found them to be horrible for driving in snow, although never changed them out. With the new Performance 3, I want dedicated winter tires. Decided to order T-Sportline's 18" TST Flow Forged Wheels (lighter weight than their 19") and Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3's (235/45-18) for my winter tires. Anxious to get them here and ready to mount on the car. I also have to put a plug in for Alloy Gators. Installed them on my 2014 P85D shortly after delivery, and they have saved me from rim rash more times than I can count. No rim protection could be better as far as I am concerned. Already have a set on my summer rims and a second set ready to go when the winter set gets here.

Could you explain how the 19's where horrible for snow? I'm thinking about just getting a/s 3+ tires or dedicated winter tires instead of seperate wheels. But if I do get seperate wheels I might get Black 20" for my p3d+ so I have two pairs I can switch if I want different wheel colors

Anyone order a winter tire/wheel package from Tirerack for their M3P with performance package? I spoke with a Tirerack representative today who assured me that as long as I configure the package for the “performance brakes” option that any wheel set selected will fit.

I have a p3d+ and was trying to decide if I was going to put snows on the 20’s or get another set of 18/19’s. Issue I have with using the 20’s is the lack of choice for winter tires and fear of blowing a tire with the thin sidewalls. Although the 18’s have a huge selection of tires...wasn’t sure I could live with the look. So i decided 19” was a good compromise and I ordered the 19” Flow One F3 with Blizzak Lm-32s’s from tirerack. Was going to get 19” tst’s. But these are flow formed and weigh 23lb vs ~29lbs for the tst’s. Plus the set costs $600 less. I called too and asked about the step lip on the hub. The rep didn’t know specifically about the step on the hub but assured me they would fit. If they don’t, they will pay for shipping back. Will post up pics and fitmemt once I get them.

I have a p3d+ and was trying to decide if I was going to put snows on the 20’s or get another set of 18/19’s. Issue I have with using the 20’s is the lack of choice for winter tires and fear of blowing a tire with the thin sidewalls. Although the 18’s have a huge selection of tires...wasn’t sure I could live with the look. So i decided 19” was a good compromise and I ordered the 19” Flow One F3 with Blizzak Lm-32s’s from tirerack. Was going to get 19” tst’s. But these are flow formed and weigh 23lb vs ~29lbs for the tst’s. Plus the set costs $600 less. I called too and asked about the step lip on the hub. The rep didn’t know specifically about the step on the hub but assured me they would fit. If they don’t, they will pay for shipping back. Will post up pics and fitmemt once I get them.

I looked those up and it says wasn't available for the breaks. Could you send me the link to both the wheels and tire? Would like to know how much.

What's your reason behind Blizzak's instead of Michelins or Perelli's?

Other than the Dunlop sp winter sports I have on my g35x ( which are great) I’ve always just had Blizzaks and have had no issues. Pirelli seemed to rank lowest in the performance winter category. Michelin pa4 were the best....but not sure if that pertains to the n-spec version as well? And they were built for Porsche in mind...which don’t have the same weight as Tesla. So logical or not I just stayed with what I know lol....maybe next time I’ll try them.

Great! Looking forward to seeing how it looks.

Could you explain how the 19's where horrible for snow? I'm thinking about just getting a/s 3+ tires or dedicated winter tires instead of seperate wheels. But if I do get seperate wheels I might get Black 20" for my p3d+ so I have two pairs I can switch if I want different wheel colors
To clarify, it wasn't the fact that the 19" rims were the problem, but that the all-season tires from Tesla were like ice skates on the snow-packed roads here in Michigan. Can't believe I lived with them for all four years. It wasn't until I drove a loaner Model X that I realized it was the tires and not the car. I should have known better.

To clarify, it wasn't the fact that the 19" rims were the problem, but that the all-season tires from Tesla were like ice skates on the snow-packed roads here in Michigan. Can't believe I lived with them for all four years. It wasn't until I drove a loaner Model X that I realized it was the tires and not the car. I should have known better.

Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense. What all season tires did it come with?

Are the tsportline TPMS sensors OEM?

Tesla says they'll sell me a set for $280

I know I could get one off ebay for $100-$120ish, but I'd prefer OEM just incase. Monitoring tire pressure when going from 80F to 0F is kinda important and want reliable equipment.

I am keeping the same wheels (the 20s), just going to ditch the summer tires for the all seasons. I'm so car illiterate, I'm not sure how the TPMS sensors attach to the tire, so wasn't sure if they could be reused if the wheels don't change, just the tires do.

I am keeping the same wheels (the 20s), just going to ditch the summer tires for the all seasons. I'm so car illiterate, I'm not sure how the TPMS sensors attach to the tire, so wasn't sure if they could be reused if the wheels don't change, just the tires do.

TPMS sensor attaches to the wheel...not the tire. So you can change the tires as much as you want and still use the same TPMS senors until either the batteries in them die or the shop somehow damages them when removing/mounting tires.

• Informative
Reactions: PA ZU