TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Performance Model 3 VIN assigned yet?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Evoixse, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Evoixse

Evoixse Member

Has anybody been assigned a VIN yet or at the very least has their "edit design" button disappeared yet?

2. cbutters

cbutters Member

Geez... Give me a heart attack..... you need a question mark at the end of that title...

To answer your question; I haven't seen anyone move forward on the AWD/P front other than just configuring.

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

(Mod note: title now edited)

• Like x 1
  4. lairdb

lairdb Member

Aaargh -- I was momentarily excited for you (and the rest of us.) Can you put a question mark on your thread title?

FWIW, your question prompted me to go look at Teslike's spreadsheet. It shows 62 "Model 3 Performance" actually configured, of which 8 were configured before 26 Jun (mostly 20 and 23 May). So, about 1/8th (and declining) of the configured population were in the early group, and would (presumably) tend earlier (subject to location, paint order, etc.)

While I'm at it, of the Early Eight: 4 red, 2 white, 1 blue, 1 msm. All 20inch wheels; 5/8 white seats.

• Like x 1
  5. preilly44

preilly44 Member

I read on a FB group yesterday that someone got a VIN for the P. They said they called Tesla on an unrelated matter and that's when they got the VIN.

• Informative x 1
  6. cbutters

cbutters Member

Which group? Did it seem legit?

• Like x 1
  7. preilly44

preilly44 Member

I just looked through all my notifications (as I thought I turned notifications on for that post) but I can't find it now. Unfortunately, I'm a member of a ton of Tesla FB groups and have no idea which one it was. I don't know the person at all so I don't know how truthful they were. If I see it again I'll update this thread.