Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model 3 with 19" wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want the Performance model for the white interior option. But in the configurator if you choose Performance you have to choose between 18" and 20" wheels. I don't want 20" (more of a bumpy ride when not on the highway) and I don't like the look of the 18" wheels. The 19" inch look great and seem like a happy medium.

Is it possible to get 19" original (Tesla brand) wheels aftermarket from Tesla or somewhere? It's a bit exasperating even if that's possible. The 19" wheels are a $1,500 option, I think, if you order the non-Performance version, so I don't want to spend thousands more replacing tires and rims.

Any other ideas / thoughts? Would Tesla customize if I called them or is that completely unrealistic?

Thanks

I was going to get the 19" sport tires and powder coat them, but am opting to get the 19" TSportsline wheels instead. Plus I'll have an extra set of 18" tires and wheels on top of that. You could also sell them as well and recoup most of the cost if you didn't want to keep them. If you get the 20" wheels and the calipers and rotos are different, you might have problems changing back to smaller wheels.