TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Performance Model 3 with 19" wheels?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Carl_Drogo, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Carl_Drogo

Carl_Drogo Member

I want the Performance model for the white interior option. But in the configurator if you choose Performance you have to choose between 18" and 20" wheels. I don't want 20" (more of a bumpy ride when not on the highway) and I don't like the look of the 18" wheels. The 19" inch look great and seem like a happy medium.

Is it possible to get 19" original (Tesla brand) wheels aftermarket from Tesla or somewhere? It's a bit exasperating even if that's possible. The 19" wheels are a $1,500 option, I think, if you order the non-Performance version, so I don't want to spend thousands more replacing tires and rims.

Any other ideas / thoughts? Would Tesla customize if I called them or is that completely unrealistic?

Thanks

2. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Please post if/when you find this out - I sent email to Tesla with pretty much that question but no reply yet. Aside from ride, curb-age potential is higher as well in our household.

3. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

At the very least I’m sure you can find owners here willing to either buy your 20 inch wheels or sell you their 19 inch wheels.

4. wbhokie

wbhokie Member

I was going to get the 19" sport tires and powder coat them, but am opting to get the 19" TSportsline wheels instead. Plus I'll have an extra set of 18" tires and wheels on top of that. You could also sell them as well and recoup most of the cost if you didn't want to keep them. If you get the 20" wheels and the calipers and rotos are different, you might have problems changing back to smaller wheels.