Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model 3s have arrived at Stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mean “Why do they add...”? It is to distinguish that version from the RWD version. The badge style is the same as the S/X badging. Looks fine to me. The badge can easily be removed if you want a Dual Motor 3.

If your question is, at what point in the production process is the badge added, I don’t know, but likely near the end of the final assembly line. I do not know if you can specify that your Dual Motor 3 be “de-badged”, but I believe some S/X buyers have been able to do that, or maybe the badging is removed at the Delivery Center if requested.

Fortunately for you, you can configure a 3 with the standard black interior at no extra charge. So no need to complain. Aesthetics are a personal preference. :cool:

No ... I sentient when I wrote "When" :)

Couldn't make out any rear tire size....

Same as the front.

These are the same wheels/tires Tesla has been selling for the 3 since March.

It's a B, same as non-P AWD apparently.

Far as we know the Base P is mechanically the same car, so why would it be different VIN?

(also probably helps P owners insurance wise that way)

Reactions: hoang51
Actually, I’m hearing if you upgraded to the performance package it is staggered. 235 in the front and 275 in the back according to a poster on Reddit.

Then what you're hearing is factually wrong- given there's photos of the tires on the upgraded P and they're not staggered.

Plus it never made sense they would be given the Sport 20s Tesla has sold since March aren't staggered.