Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model S missing from Tesla Used Inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been monitoring the Tesla Used Inventory for a number of weeks (months) looking for the exact specs I want. With no production in Q1 and the refresh delayed, the Used Model S have been slowly diminishing. EV-CPO shows only 22 cars in the US available.

What I noticed today, is that you can no longer select the Performance model S. Only the Long Range is a choice. You can select P90D and P90DL, but I used to set my filter for only the Performance model. EV-CPO does show a couple of P100D's so I wonder why they pulled the filter choice. There were times you select a few filters and it would not find any cars, but why remove it?

2018's are going to be at the end of their leases and I am sure Tesla will be getting some returned. I am sure those exchanging for the refresh will extend their lease, but not sure why they would eliminate the option. I assume it will come back once they start delivering refresh models and used Model S performance models are being traded in.

Reactions: EV-CPO
I have been monitoring the Tesla Used Inventory for a number of weeks (months) looking for the exact specs I want. With no production in Q1 and the refresh delayed, the Used Model S have been slowly diminishing. EV-CPO shows only 22 cars in the US available.

What I noticed today, is that you can no longer select the Performance model S. Only the Long Range is a choice. You can select P90D and P90DL, but I used to set my filter for only the Performance model. EV-CPO does show a couple of P100D's so I wonder why they pulled the filter choice. There were times you select a few filters and it would not find any cars, but why remove it?

2018's are going to be at the end of their leases and I am sure Tesla will be getting some returned. I am sure those exchanging for the refresh will extend their lease, but not sure why they would eliminate the option. I assume it will come back once they start delivering refresh models and used Model S performance models are being traded in.
Tesla auctions off a portion of their lease returns and trade-ins, so speculating about used inventory is difficult. If inventory is low, they could be auctioning off most of the lease turn in cars.