Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Model S missing from Tesla Used Inventory

PDACPA

Mar 27, 2019
Tampa, Florida
I have been monitoring the Tesla Used Inventory for a number of weeks (months) looking for the exact specs I want. With no production in Q1 and the refresh delayed, the Used Model S have been slowly diminishing. EV-CPO shows only 22 cars in the US available.

What I noticed today, is that you can no longer select the Performance model S. Only the Long Range is a choice. You can select P90D and P90DL, but I used to set my filter for only the Performance model. EV-CPO does show a couple of P100D's so I wonder why they pulled the filter choice. There were times you select a few filters and it would not find any cars, but why remove it?

2018's are going to be at the end of their leases and I am sure Tesla will be getting some returned. I am sure those exchanging for the refresh will extend their lease, but not sure why they would eliminate the option. I assume it will come back once they start delivering refresh models and used Model S performance models are being traded in.

Reactions: EV-CPO

VikH

Supporting Member
Nov 23, 2015
Midwest, USA
I have been monitoring the Tesla Used Inventory for a number of weeks (months) looking for the exact specs I want. With no production in Q1 and the refresh delayed, the Used Model S have been slowly diminishing. EV-CPO shows only 22 cars in the US available.

What I noticed today, is that you can no longer select the Performance model S. Only the Long Range is a choice. You can select P90D and P90DL, but I used to set my filter for only the Performance model. EV-CPO does show a couple of P100D's so I wonder why they pulled the filter choice. There were times you select a few filters and it would not find any cars, but why remove it?

2018's are going to be at the end of their leases and I am sure Tesla will be getting some returned. I am sure those exchanging for the refresh will extend their lease, but not sure why they would eliminate the option. I assume it will come back once they start delivering refresh models and used Model S performance models are being traded in.
Tesla auctions off a portion of their lease returns and trade-ins, so speculating about used inventory is difficult. If inventory is low, they could be auctioning off most of the lease turn in cars.

CapeOne

Jun 14, 2016
New England
I think Tesla just sells to dealer-only auctions or directly to dealers. Texas Auto Direct (acquired by Vroom about five years ago) was one dealer that apparently bought a lot of inventory from Tesla.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC