Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance model y stud and pocket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know some guys are running spacers but didn't have good objective data. Some say 15mm can run without issue while others say studs run into pockets. I contacted the spacer company and couldn't get a clear answer.

So! I got off my butt and just took the measurements myself. These are the 21in ubers. Front and back it seems like the studs are about 27mm in length and pocket depth is just shy of 12mm. This kind of explains why some people have issues with the 15s and some don't. Personally this isn't enough leeway given tesla's tolerances and don't want to shavey studs so I'll probably end up with 18mm spacers.
20210608_152308.jpg
20210608_153215.jpg
20210608_152252.jpg
20210608_152239.jpg

I got these for my MYP... though Im running Vossen 19's on it, they look great with MPP Coilovers

I was looking at 25mm ones, would that be too much poke?
I feel like 25s were a bit much for me but everyone has their different tolerances. I'm running a good amount of camber in the back...I think like 1.9 so that'll make a difference too.
Are you worried about paint damage since stock it even seems to be an issue in certain climates.

I have rally armor mud flaps and rear door ppf so not particularly worried. I also live in socal with near perfect roads.

Reactions: jpy1980
I feel like 25s were a bit much for me but everyone has their different tolerances. I'm running a good amount of camber in the back...I think like 1.9 so that'll make a difference too.

I have rally armor mud flaps and rear door ppf so not particularly worried. I also live in socal with near perfect roads.
Ah if youre running camber, I'm assuming you lowered your car then?

I got a question I was doing my wheel rotation on model Y long range and I messed up my studs. Does any one know where to get them ? Thanks in advance
you can buy studs online. you'll have to figure out the diameter, thread pitch, and length. Then you can take apart the brake/hub, tap out the old, and press in the new using a lug nut and washer. This is not the preferred method, the preferred method is to take the hub off the vehicle and press it in properly, however, if you're careful the lug nut method works.

If thats too much work for you, you'll have to take it to a shop

20mm is probably fine. I would have no problems running that.

Here's my LR lowered on Eibach springs with 20mm spacers front and rear (Uberturbine wheels with factory tire sizes). Depending on your lowering and alignment specs with the coilovers, there might be some trial and error regarding how close the tire is to the fender.

Here's my LR lowered on Eibach springs with 20mm spacers front and rear (Uberturbine wheels with factory tire sizes). Depending on your lowering and alignment specs with the coilovers, there might be some trial and error regarding how close the tire is to the fender.

Wow, looks aggressively good.

Any issues with rubbing at full turn? Or whenever the wheels are fully compressed into the fender? (Like when you come off a driveway sideways?)