Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance not getting 310 miles promised

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Altogether it sounds like if you get a P and drive hard, the way it's meant to be, you just charge more often. So?

I feel you bro, and I have been driving like that, not checking miles driven since last charge. But at the end I didn't pay for that discrepancy of range, most likely this wont be an issue once range goes +400miles... same thing with iPhone 16gb and iOS taking 4-5gb out of it and you end up with less than advertised.. is the same feeling you know, a bitter taste, car is fantastic don't get me wrong. And once iPhones became 64gb+ at least... people don't notice and won't complain anymore for 8gb of OS.

Thank god is a Tesla, I can supercharge in many spots... otherwise for sure I wouldn't be so forgiving tbh and none of us should be.

With the car in my sig, my lifetime is about 270 Wh/mi
I swapped the performance wheels and tires for 18" Titan 7's and Michelin Primacy MXM4 245/45R18. Kept at 46 psi cold.
Driving home from Phila, we drove from Texarkana to home near DFW airport. About 200 mi. Started with about 97% and ended with about 12%. It was about 45 degF night and some of that is 75 mph speed limit some is 70 and some at 65-60 in DFW.
So I can get about 220 mi at hwy speeds. The 18's ride much better and don't spin upon WOT. I have a set of T7's with SC2 rubber for the track.
The PS4S are allot stickier still, for non-spirited driving you would notice the difference in the rain. I have both sets of tires. The MXM4s kick up less rocks and add more range, and are cold weather rated, everything else seems better with PS4S. I have driving on roads with loose gravel on PS4S because they pickup rocks and fling then at your paint, especially when cold

The PS4S are allot stickier still, for non-spirited driving you would notice the difference in the rain. I have both sets of tires. The MXM4s kick up less rocks and add more range, and are cold weather rated, everything else seems better with PS4S. I have driving on roads with loose gravel on PS4S because they pickup rocks and fling then at your paint, especially when cold

I might give A/S 3+ a try, and most likely will get those MartianWheels too. Hope I can drop from 337 wh/mi to 280 best case... happy with 300

Interestingly My Model 3 does not seem any slower with the all seasons. At least not acceleration wise.

That's because the all seasons are as fast as the PS4's. Here's my 0-60 on the Conti all season factory tires on the street, not a track... 2.97

Screenshot_20200613-170458.png

• Informative
Reactions: Dan_LA
Yea I'm at around 380 lately.

*Hate driving on roads with loose gravel.

I am going to do all in I guess to get more range... forged wheels 18", A/S tires, KW V3 to lower car (looks like it gets 7% improved range, better than 3% from aero wheels) ... Lowering The Tesla Model 3 Increases Efficiency An Astounding 7% | CleanTechnica

Also thinking if should get front lip, some articles from a seller also mention improved range... + CF Spoiler OEM... should be able to beat 280 wh/mi... at a cost for sure.

Might do this in the name of the community sacrifice hahaha...

Reactions: Glamisduner
I doubt those things will pay for themselves ever but they will probably make you feel better.

If you found out that your high Wh/mi was only due to your driving habits, would it make a difference in your planned mods?
IE would you just accept your range or would you still feel compelled to make change?

I doubt those things will pay for themselves ever but they will probably make you feel better.

If you found out that your high Wh/mi was only due to your driving habits, would it make a difference in your planned mods?
IE would you just accept your range or would you still feel compelled to make change?

They will never pay for themselves haha... well maybe 10% better range means will pay off in 15-20 years... point here is just for range sake but yea, topic is tiring already... just checked Superchargers nearby, there are a lot more than 2 years... so range won't be an issue, maybe during holidays? but that's why we still have ICE backup.

But after checking some new YT videos of Model 3 and Performance Y range, I think it is what it is... but just curious how some folks here were able to juice 260 miles out of it...

going back to your question, I am sure driving habits make a huge difference but I want to give a try swapping wheel and A/S tires... if I could, I would also lower car for the 7% improved range.. but will leave this for later on. All in all from what I looked over, 10-20% improved range without changing driving habits.. could be achieved, at a cost for sure.

Dan - It would be a lot cheaper to let someone else drive your car for a trip and compare their Wh/mi to yours.

My wife did drive, she has much lighter foot but also used to 80mph like any LA commuter. I tried myself 2 times driving like grandma, 65-70mph on the right side of road 2 times 100%-0% per Tesla, they were checking all those 2 times the battery. I. reseted the BMS during those times.

I know where are you coming from.. but YT streamers already tell all, it is actually 200-220 miles actual range. My car happens to be 170 driving normally and on trip chill mode at 75 mph I might get 200...

Forged wheels and new tires ordered, hope to get some efficiency. Will post back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.