Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #34 is available now with topics timestamped. We covered Tesla's rollercoaster prices, Toyota pushing junk science, Mike's new Model 3, Optimizing track mode for snow driving, FSD V11 apparently coming by the end of this week, and more. You can watch and check out the chat replay on YouTube.

Performance of Refreshed MSLR vs. others

Destiny1701

22’ M3LR ‘DrkNite’/ 22’ MYP BliueRocket
Nov 28, 2015
Canada
I agree 0-60 (100kph) is where most spend 80% of their driving. Infact more like 0-40 within city driving

This is where I truly enjoy my M3 LR/boost. wish I had gone the PM3 but this is close enough :)

I don’t believe there is a single drive I take without accelerating for fun or changing lanes and passing by effortlessly, or coming out of a left turn and giving it a bit of a punch. Not the entire drive lol but there are moments. For me this is the joy of the ‘tesla’ experience.

I’m sure the SLR has its virtues certainly better crafted…but given I’ve owned an S since 2016 from 90D to P100D…I have a reasonable comparison on driving ‘fun’ between the 3 and S. The latter being more of a sport cruiser with nice suspension and a more refined power delivery…and the former being a point and shoot roller ride with much better handling.
Fun factor is subjective here…whatever works for you.

Reactions: Eugene Ash

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
I agree 0-60 (100kph) is where most spend 80% of their driving. Infact more like 0-40 within city driving

This is where I truly enjoy my M3 LR/boost. wish I had gone the PM3 but this is close enough :)

I don’t believe there is a single drive I take without accelerating for fun or changing lanes and passing by effortlessly, or coming out of a left turn and giving it a bit of a punch. Not the entire drive lol but there are moments. For me this is the joy of the ‘tesla’ experience.

I’m sure the SLR has its virtues certainly better crafted…but given I’ve owned an S since 2016 from 90D to P100D…I have a reasonable comparison on driving ‘fun’ between the 3 and S. The latter being more of a sport cruiser with nice suspension and a more refined power delivery…and the former being a point and shoot roller ride with much better handling.
Fun factor is subjective here…whatever works for you.
Without a doubt my M3P was more fun to drive than my plaid, but there isn't any comparison to when you go wide open in this scud missile of a car. I was thinking I may grab an extra M3P as a DD if they address the slow acceleration in the 60+ range.

• Informative
Reactions: MagnusMako

Destiny1701

22’ M3LR ‘DrkNite’/ 22’ MYP BliueRocket
Nov 28, 2015
Canada
Without a doubt my M3P was more fun to drive than my plaid, but there isn't any comparison to when you go wide open in this scud missile of a car. I was thinking I may grab an extra M3P as a DD if they address the slow acceleration in the 60+ range.
Oh I wasn’t comparing Plaid to PM3 lol. Just to LR! Plaid …ya totally different animal and king of the hill.

Yes I hope the P3 does get some sort of ‘ludicrous mode’ one day. Likely not as sometimes it’s about optics of paying x dollars for a certain level of Performance and x+$ for more.(The LR S is priced 1.5x that of a Perf 3).
Not sure they would incrsse the P3 to match the LR S given price discrepency.

If they asked for 5k for a ludicrous software update to Perf 3 bringing 0-60 to 2.8 and 60+ way better…sure I’ll grab it. I’d sell my LR boost asap buy a PM3 on the spot !

Last edited:

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
Oh I wasn’t comparing Plaid to PM3 lol. Just to LR! Plaid …ya totally different animal and king of the hill.

Yes I hope the P3 does get some sort of ‘ludicrous mode’ one day. Likely not as sometimes it’s about optics of paying x dollars for a certain level of Performance and x+$ for more.(The LR S is priced 1.5x that of a Perf 3).
Not sure they would incrsse the P3 to match the LR S given price discrepency.

If they asked for 5k for a ludicrous software update to Perf 3 bringing 0-60 to 2.8 and 60+ way better…sure I’ll grab it. I’d sell my LR boost asap buy a PM3 on the spot !
Honestly on that car, the 0-60 is pretty good, they just need to hold similar acceleration beyond 60.

Reactions: Destiny1701

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC