Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance of Refreshed MSLR vs. others

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best Draggy I have been able to pull is 3.32 (3.06 w/1ft ro). But I will say I have not spent much time working on it and never got the launch mode to fully engage, so maybe it could be a tad quicker?

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 10.25.05 AM.png

Finally glad to see "my" car in a drag race video. Right down to the tires I have. This does make me wonder if you could have gained a few tenths of a second with the Pirelli summer tires. That would have put it right at the claimed 3.1 seconds.

I don't think the tires will get it there. At least not on my car. I don't see traction being a limit at launch. Tesla has dialed back the power at launch, at least it feels that way, and even when I engage slip start I don't get any wheel spin at launch at all.

Best Draggy I have been able to pull is 3.32 (3.06 w/1ft ro). But I will say I have not spent much time working on it and never got the launch mode to fully engage, so maybe it could be a tad quicker?

View attachment 855232
I never found launch mode to be any real improvement. I did so many runs, charge levels, configurations, and nothing really seemed to make a huge difference. Basically the car runs about 3.3 0-60, not 3.1 like claimed. Tesla lied (again).

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Do you still have the performance or did you go with something else?
He’s got the currently quickest Plaid in the world right now 😉

Tesla’s 0-60 claims are with the 1ft rollout, so technically the 3.3 actual 0-60 is just about right as that basically puts it at the 3.1 considering the rollout

Still, the LR is a much quicker car than that and would be atleast 2.5 if Tesla have it the proper launch. It’s quicker than the old Performance from every other performance metric

Reactions: splffgates
He’s got the currently quickest Plaid in the world right now 😉

Tesla’s 0-60 claims are with the 1ft rollout, so technically the 3.3 actual 0-60 is just about right as that basically puts it at the 3.1 considering the rollout

Still, the LR is a much quicker car than that and would be atleast 2.5 if Tesla have it the proper launch. It’s quicker than the old Performance from every other performance metric
No, Tesla only claims the 0-60 time with the 1ft rollout for the Plaid. There is no asterix + footnote for the LR 0-60, so it should be 3.1 as advertised.
Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 9.39.31 AM.png

No, Tesla only claims the 0-60 time with the 1ft rollout for the Plaid. There is no asterix + footnote for the LR 0-60, so it should be 3.1 as advertised.
View attachment 856763
The 1 foot rollout is industry standard though so I don’t think they’d do it for one and not the other
Who knows though
Honestly 0-60 is about the most insignificant performance measure since traction is the BIG factor for most cars. 1/8, 1/4, and 60-130 is where it’s at to accurately determine a car’s quickness. Most EVs fail at those metrics; the new Plaid and LR do NOT and are impressive in that regard

This is one that Tesla needs to address, but we all know they likely will not. They advertise 0-60 in 3.1 seconds and there is not an asterisk, so there is no ambiguity there, the car should be able to do 0-60 in 3.1 seconds, no roll-out.

Not one person has posted a 0-60 time in 3.1 Not one, zero.

I love my car and it's the fastest Tesla I have owned to date, but it pains me that people are getting the claimed 3.1 (or less) in the Model 3 Performance but the much more expensive Model S does not meet the marketing claims.

Tesla has pushed out updates in the past that have boosted performance and I really think they need to push one out here. If not a single Model S can achieve 0-60 in 3.1 seconds I would not be surprised if Tesla does not get hit with yet another Class Action.

Reactions: fetar30310
It's been the same with the Model 3 Long Range vs. Peformance. See here and click "Learn more about range and performance" on the right.

This is one that Tesla needs to address, but we all know they likely will not. They advertise 0-60 in 3.1 seconds and there is not an asterisk, so there is no ambiguity there, the car should be able to do 0-60 in 3.1 seconds, no roll-out.

I love my car and it's the fastest Tesla I have owned to date, but it pains me that people are getting the claimed 3.1 (or less) in the Model 3 Performance but the much more expensive Model S does not meet the marketing claims.

Tesla has pushed out updates in the past that have boosted performance and I really think they need to push one out here. If not a single Model S can achieve 0-60 in 3.1 seconds I would not be surprised if Tesla does not get hit with yet another Class Action.
They're not going to anything, it's take it or leave it at this point.

The MS and MX have basically become an irrelevant side project for Tesla, they'd probably rather just kill them given the hassle relative to the % of deliveries/revenue they represent. 6% of total deliveries in Q2, likely dropping way below 5% in Q3. Elon actually said they were considering dropping them in 2021, before the refresh.

No matter what . 0-60 is... not best to measure performance....

Line up a model3 perf against a refresh model S lr for a quater mile run and see whos gonna win. I am betting mslr will easily walk the m3p

Reactions: SBDPlaid
No matter what . 0-60 is... not best to measure performance....

Line up a model3 perf against a refresh model S lr for a quater mile run and see whos gonna win. I am betting mslr will easily walk the m3p
Exactly! New MSLR is running high 10s at almost 130mph. M3P is mid 11s around 115mph a
Except I bought a car that claimed 3.1 sec 0-60 and I want a car that can do 3.1 0-60. Period.
and the Plaid was supposed to be a 200mph car….
It’s not easy for the Plaid to hit the magical 1.99 with rollout either. I’m sure the LR could do the 3.1 there just aren’t many owners doing Dragy runs with them for a good sample size
STILL, 0-60 is a pointless metric and really proves nothing about a car’s acceleration

...and the Plaid was supposed to be a 200mph car….
It’s not easy for the Plaid to hit the magical 1.99 with rollout either...
STILL, 0-60 is a pointless metric and really proves nothing about a car’s acceleration

I am not talking about nor interested in the Plaid. My kids do this all the time and it drives me crazy, it's called deflection. If I owned a Plaid I would have major issues with both the points you brought up.

On this thread we are talking about the performance of the new MSLR and the main point of my post is to try to get more people posting draggy times. Maybe there are a lot of cars that can hit the claimed 0-60, but to-date I have yet to see one.

This is my 3rd Model S and both of my other cars were able to match or beat the claimed 0-60. My 2013 P85 could do 4.3 (4.4 claimed) and my 2020 Long Range + hit the claimed 3.7 on several occasions.

The Palladium Long Range is not limited by physics, it's limited by software. So all I am saying is that if no one can hit the claimed 0-60, Tesla should do the right thing and push out an update to get it there.

I know my car is quick, and as stated before, I love my car but you cannot come here and say 0-60 is pointless. It is literally the only acceleration performance metric Tesla stakes a claim to when selling their cars.

I know my car is quick, and as stated before, I love my car but you cannot come here and say 0-60 is pointless. It is literally the only acceleration performance metric Tesla stakes a claim to when selling their cars.

I have a 2022 Long Range and based on what I'm reading here, I'm slightly concerned that nobody has hit the advertised 0-60 yet. I'm not banking on Tesla doing anything though.

Anyway, I don't think the other poster meant any disrespect. As a car guy (not sure if you are?) who has owned/still own fast vehicles, the 0-60mph metric indeed isn't THAT useful. Think about vehicles that do 0-60 in 4 seconds or under. 1...2...3... and you're at 60mph.

That's over as soon as you cross the intersection of the light you launched from. It happens and it is over too quickly. That's why folks say Tesla's and EVs are quick. They are not fast (except for the Plaid lols). And that's why the 60-130 metric is important because it is what happens after.

And that's why I made this thread in the first place. There's not a lot of content out there talking about the new Long Range. I like that it supposedly has a lot more oomph in the 60-130mph range which makes me happy.

Last edited:
I am not talking about nor interested in the Plaid. My kids do this all the time and it drives me crazy, it's called deflection. If I owned a Plaid I would have major issues with both the points you brought up.

On this thread we are talking about the performance of the new MSLR and the main point of my post is to try to get more people posting draggy times. Maybe there are a lot of cars that can hit the claimed 0-60, but to-date I have yet to see one.

This is my 3rd Model S and both of my other cars were able to match or beat the claimed 0-60. My 2013 P85 could do 4.3 (4.4 claimed) and my 2020 Long Range + hit the claimed 3.7 on several occasions.

The Palladium Long Range is not limited by physics, it's limited by software. So all I am saying is that if no one can hit the claimed 0-60, Tesla should do the right thing and push out an update to get it there.

Not deflecting anything, just basically saying get over it in a round about way because 0-60 doesn’t show anything for how quick the car is
As the OP of this thread stated, 60-130 means a lot more and he was interested in the performance of the LR, which pretty much negates 0-60. It’s pointless and I’ll stand by that. The M3P may edge out the new LR 0-60. So does that matter? The LR is a much quicker car so the reasonable answer is NO