Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance options - All or Nothing?

CDMtoday

Feb 23, 2020
San Diego, CA
Hi. New to the Forum. Hope this is not a dupe. I could not find it. I ordered my Y Perf in Sept. The recent change to the Perf option, where the wheels/brakes/tires/pedals/top speed is a free option to the Perf option package is quite confusing. I assume the drop in range from 315 to 280 is a result of the 21" wheels (none of the other bits seem capable of that impact).

Question: Based on that, does anyone know, when we finally get our individual configurators, if we can select the other performance bits w/o the 21" wheels (and avoid that huge range penalty.) If it's all or nothing, given the range penalty, I would skip Perf all together (which I may do anyway).

I stopped by the local Tesla store. No one there seems to know. Also, unable to find out elsewhere. Thanks.

^Carl.

xtnvieira

Feb 6, 2020
Orange County, CA
Hi. New to the Forum. Hope this is not a dupe. I could not find it. I ordered my Y Perf in Sept. The recent change to the Perf option, where the wheels/brakes/tires/pedals/top speed is a free option to the Perf option package is quite confusing. I assume the drop in range from 315 to 280 is a result of the 21" wheels (none of the other bits seem capable of that impact).

Question: Based on that, does anyone know, when we finally get our individual configurators, if we can select the other performance bits w/o the 21" wheels (and avoid that huge range penalty.) If it's all or nothing, given the range penalty, I would skip Perf all together (which I may do anyway).

I stopped by the local Tesla store. No one there seems to know. Also, unable to find out elsewhere. Thanks.

^Carl.

You can change your configuration right now if you go to “Manage Reservation” in your account and then select “Edit Design”. Then you can choose un-check the Performance upgrade package and save the configuration to update your order.

CDMtoday

Feb 23, 2020
San Diego, CA
Thanks. Let me clarify. I'm aware I can alter the order, however, there appears to be no way to parse the Performance Option. It allows taking all the Performance options or none. (brakes, wheels/tires, pedals, lower suspension). I guess I can take the wheels then change them out. Just curious. No one seems to know. thx.

JasonR67

Jul 17, 2019
Raleigh(ish), North Carolina
For the sake of efficiency Tesla keeps the number of individual deliverable options to a minimum. I would be shocked if they offered check boxes for the individual parts of the performance hardware. As others have mentioned a lot of people opt for the hardware then swap out the wheels.

There should be a market for the 21s either for people looking to add them, or people who bend one.

Jul 20, 2012
Houston, TX
I’d ask if you can do a la carte hen you’re contacted to finalize your build.

Personally I’m in the nothing camp as I only want the power and don’t want the extras which are now a freebie when you tick the box. The speed increase is most likely just a software unlock.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC