TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Performance options - All or Nothing?

Discussion in 'Model Y: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by CDMtoday, Feb 23, 2020.

1. CDMtoday

CDMtoday Member

Hi. New to the Forum. Hope this is not a dupe. I could not find it. I ordered my Y Perf in Sept. The recent change to the Perf option, where the wheels/brakes/tires/pedals/top speed is a free option to the Perf option package is quite confusing. I assume the drop in range from 315 to 280 is a result of the 21" wheels (none of the other bits seem capable of that impact).

Question: Based on that, does anyone know, when we finally get our individual configurators, if we can select the other performance bits w/o the 21" wheels (and avoid that huge range penalty.) If it's all or nothing, given the range penalty, I would skip Perf all together (which I may do anyway).

I stopped by the local Tesla store. No one there seems to know. Also, unable to find out elsewhere. Thanks.

^Carl.

2. xtnvieira

xtnvieira Member

You can change your configuration right now if you go to “Manage Reservation” in your account and then select “Edit Design”. Then you can choose un-check the Performance upgrade package and save the configuration to update your order.

3. CDMtoday

CDMtoday Member

Thanks. Let me clarify. I'm aware I can alter the order, however, there appears to be no way to parse the Performance Option. It allows taking all the Performance options or none. (brakes, wheels/tires, pedals, lower suspension). I guess I can take the wheels then change them out. Just curious. No one seems to know. thx.

4. xtnvieira

xtnvieira Member

Yeah your only option sounds like getting the Perf. upgrade and swapping wheels. That’s common for many P3D owners.

5. JasonR67

JasonR67 Member

For the sake of efficiency Tesla keeps the number of individual deliverable options to a minimum. I would be shocked if they offered check boxes for the individual parts of the performance hardware. As others have mentioned a lot of people opt for the hardware then swap out the wheels.

There should be a market for the 21s either for people looking to add them, or people who bend one.

6. theganjaguru

I’d ask if you can do a la carte hen you’re contacted to finalize your build.

Personally I’m in the nothing camp as I only want the power and don’t want the extras which are now a freebie when you tick the box. The speed increase is most likely just a software unlock.