Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance or LR with white interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been researching Tesla Model 3 for months and am about to order one. I read on this forum that P3Ds can be found without the upgraded brakes/larger wheels. Sure enough, my SC can get me a Performance Model 3 (with 19" wheels) for quite a bit less than for the "full" performance upgrade.

But that car has black interior. I want white interior.

Of course I can just go ahead and order P3D with white interior, but that car has 20" wheels I don't want and is $5760 more than the "almost performance" found by the SC.

I'm torn. A faster car or a brighter interior? I will never take this car to the track but will have fun at stoplights. It seems the interior is more important than shaving almost a second off an already impressive 0-60mph time.

What would you choose?

Depends on whether you are patient. Wait times can be a bear. I’m a month out on an AWD and absolutely nothing from Tesla on how much longer. I’d go with black interior in the one that is available, though half of that is because I have kids that will destroy the white. Plus the almost performance is pretty darn quick compared to anything but a performance Tesla.

Depends on whether you are patient. Wait times can be a bear. I’m a month out on an AWD and absolutely nothing from Tesla on how much longer. I’d go with black interior in the one that is available, though half of that is because I have kids that will destroy the white. Plus the almost performance is pretty darn quick compared to anything but a performance Tesla.
Hard to say what's available right away. Myself and another person local to me waited 2-2.5 weeks for our white/white AWD.
The vegan white interior may not get destroyed by children as some think. My sister has 2 boys and her interior is held up perfect after 2 years. (2017 MS) Definitely won't age as quickly as real leather/pleather.

We don’t know if Tesla is going to produce another batch of Stealth Performance Model 3’s so if you can still get one I would grab it. It’s an amazing amount of car for the money and you don’t have to deal with the hassles of the 20” wheels. I’m surprised they still have any available. I thought they had sold out of all of them by now.

Reactions: ZumZee