Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance or not!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is exactly how I plan to present it to my wife! Cheaper than 10 annual passes LOL. She saw her 1st Model 3 when she went to Disneyland for the first time and I kept thinking how much better the 3 would be than the "Cars" ride she loved in California adventure haha.

I managed to get Tesla to get my almost delivered RWD to a P =D. Talking to my rep this morning, they managed to waive the fee, re-assigned the RWD vehicle off my account (I don't see it anymore). I'll be paying $500 more for the Blue color price increase and $200 increase in delivery fee, and lose premium connectivity. But I found a way to reduce a hit to some of those increases through a personal referral code >_>....

That's how its done son.

You'll remember the hassle is all worth it once you put your foot on the accelerator for the very first time.

Reactions: Jedi2155 and P85_DA
I managed to get Tesla to get my almost delivered RWD to a P =D. Talking to my rep this morning, they managed to waive the fee, re-assigned the RWD vehicle off my account (I don't see it anymore). I'll be paying $500 more for the Blue color price increase and $200 increase in delivery fee, and lose premium connectivity. But I found a way to reduce a hit to some of those increases through a personal referral code >_>....

I'm surprised you lost premium connectivity. Most of the stories I've heard of those upgrading to P kept the connectivity.

If I ordered on May 27th and decide to change my configuration to AWD now, do I still get free supercharging? (is my original date what counts)

No, I am pretty sure once you opt for AWD, you don't get Free Supercharging. It is exclusive to P3D as of now.
But you never know what Tesla will pull in the future. They have done this kind of stuff before and that's what drew me into buying X 100D. Initially they said no free supercharging after January 1st (somewhere around that time.) 2017. And then they announced in around 2017 June that free supercharging to S and X purchase. Some people who bought 90D for free superchargers got pissed because they gave up 100D for that.

I was about to skip Model 3 for the lack of dash screen and no multi window for rear view camera but it is this FREE Supercharging that draws me into it. In addition to free supercharging, 64K for 334 miles of range (EPA 310 miles) in addition to 0-60 under 3.5 seconds are too good deal to ignore when free supercharing is also added.

Tesla for sure knows how to open my wallet and gives me the dilemma.

Now I am torn apart whether I should get performance upgrade or not. If it were like 3K, I would have bought it but I find 5K hard to bite.

I was about to skip Model 3 for the lack of dash screen and no multi window for rear view camera but it is this FREE Supercharging that draws me into it. In addition to free supercharging, 64K for 334 miles of range (EPA 310 miles) in addition to 0-60 under 3.5 seconds are too good deal to ignore when free supercharing is also added.

Tesla for sure knows how to open my wallet and gives me the dilemma.

Now I am torn apart whether I should get performance upgrade or not. If it were like 3K, I would have bought it but I find 5K hard to bite.

You mean $5k for the 20" wheels, brakes, and spoiler? Check out the 18" wheels without aero covers, I actually think they look better (less toyish, size and color wise).

No, I am pretty sure once you opt for AWD, you don't get Free Supercharging. It is exclusive to P3D as of now.
But you never know what Tesla will pull in the future. They have done this kind of stuff before and that's what drew me into buying X 100D. Initially they said no free supercharging after January 1st (somewhere around that time.) 2017. And then they announced in around 2017 June that free supercharging to S and X purchase. Some people who bought 90D for free superchargers got pissed because they gave up 100D for that.
sorry I meant to say AWD-Performance. My bad

I ordered AWD in mid July with no reservation. I told my niece the day before my test drive that it is not worth to pay $11000 to have the car that is only second faster.
Yesterday I tested drive the AWD-performance and love the feel. This was the very first time I drove any Tesla. Within the hour, I got my ordered modified to AWD- performance without the performance upgrade. (My niece reminded me what i said the day before. I asked her why didn’t she reminded me that before I pulled the trigger )
The advisor will get me a referral code, and I can keep the old price (paint) and fee except my order got pushed to oct -dec. But I was told I told they are building more cars now and filling orders much faster than expected.