Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance pack for the Model S ? ( was the Plaid Plus)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's always some people it's never going to be enough for, which is why it's good there's tuners who make aftermarket options for those who want to go full-on. For me, the fact that the stock Plaid beats an M5 CS around the Nurburgring is pretty damned impressive. I can't wait for Track Mode though... (I assume it'll be much the same as the 3's track mode)

I always take these with a grain of salt (no idea who is driving each car, mods, there are other cars in the mix, etc) but this shows the difference between track and drag cars. On the straights the M3 is a killer; the GT3 is much more composed in the turns.

I did. Don’t see the relevance.

Professional racecar driver Randy Pobst drove the M5 and set a new lap record for a 4-door sedan with 1:28.76.

Next he took the CT5-V on the track and beat that record with 1:28.07.

He then took the Plaid and topped that record with 1.27.78.

Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 10.13.23 PM.png

There's always some people it's never going to be enough for, which is why it's good there's tuners who make aftermarket options for those who want to go full-on. For me, the fact that the stock Plaid beats an M5 CS around the Nurburgring is pretty damned impressive..

Yes, it is indeed impressive, but not very surprising. The Ring is a very high speed focused track with not a ton of tight corners. The power/instant torque of the Plaid will dominate in a place like that. Not a lot of us who take cars to "tracks" have the opportunity to go to the Ring and are usually driving much shorter/tighter tracks. Imagine a Plaid in an autocross or smaller HPDE type circuit. I bet a minimally modified 1995 Miata could beat it.

Everything is relative.

That being said, I still love the Plaid/Long Range and that's why I'm getting one.

Not hating. I have a Plaid. Since aug 2021. It’s a beast. Plaid might be number 1 on that list due to the straights. I bet there was no confidence in the car. It’s not a balanced track car. It will never be that.

What it really is me tearing highways going to the next town over. King of that. Nothing touches this car on open highway.

Model 3 Performance is a better tool for track (not great). Think BMW M3 and BMW M5. Different cars with different missions.

Reactions: Boza and DukeofURL
Model 3 Performance is a better tool for track (not great). Think BMW M3 and BMW M5. Different cars with different missions.
I had an M5 once, I loved it. I have a Plaid now, and love it too. One might say that I'm the target demographic it's aimed at, haha. My cousin has an M3, prefers that. Different strokes for different folks.

Also, a modified Miata is one of the best track cars of the past 25 years, haha.