Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Plus Package now available as option or retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Darn... I was just informed my P+ delivery window (4/24-5/8) was incorrect. Although my S85 test drive was also brief, I could tell immediately that I would need to do some suspension work before my first track day. The timing was right when the P+ was announced so I got lucky.

It seems as if several P85+ orders were delayed a week.

I'm not sure if a picture of the Plus badging has been posted yet, our local service tech had this sent to him by a co-worker at the factory...

945776_4705408468845_1074782156_n.jpg

Am I the only one seeing the the EXTREME UNATTRACTIVENESS of paying $13,000 for something that would have costs $6500 if I chose earlier. Unless it came with upgrading the power to "performance". Then that would open a whole can of worms: vin classification change, interior changes, etc.
john

Am I the only one seeing the the EXTREME UNATTRACTIVENESS of paying $13,000 for something that would have costs $6500 if I chose earlier. Unless it came with upgrading the power to "performance". Then that would open a whole can of worms: vin classification change, interior changes, etc.
john
I'm in the same boat with you man.

AND the upgrade isn't complete as the dampers would not be upgraded - even at 13k. Not worth it IMHO.

I think Tesla figured that atleast some of the early adopters who got Perfs in the past few months can afford to put $13K down for the retrofit if they do want "the best Model S" that can be had at any price. I'm sure there'll be many takers for this; more revenue for Tesla!

To be fair, the labor costs of retrofitting this at the service centers must be significantly higher than doing this in a streamlined fashion on the factory assembly line.