Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance question: 1.5/2.0/2.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Sorry if this has been answered before. I did some quick searching, but didn't find it.

Are the HP/Torque numbers on Wikipedia correct?
Tesla Roadster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It says the 2.0 non-sport and 1.5 have the same HP and Torque, while the 2.5 non-sport has a big bump in both.

1. I thought the 2.5 upgrade was mostly cosmetic, and the 2.0 upgrade increased performance slightly.
2. I also thought the only large difference in performance was between the sport and non-sport models.

I'm looking for the best performance / dollar combination roadster. I'm coming from a 2900 lb car with 355 HP / 365 ft-lb torque. Would like to not feel too much slower! :biggrin:

Thanks,Jon

Hi, Are the HP/Torque numbers on Wikipedia correct?

Yes and no. The summary stats confuse the 1.0 to 1.5 change, but the text makes it clearer. The bump came between the 1.0 and 1.5 drivetrains, not after the 1.5s. Just shows that gearing is important as well.

Since we're talking used, your best perf/$ is a Sport model with no options like clear carbon fiber.

But, the Sport delta is pretty small, and only from standing or very low speed starts.