Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance reduction ??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 SR+ got the latest update yesterday. All good but... the car has also received a massive reduction in power. It feels like chill mode is active all the time ? Cycling chill mode on and off makes no difference.

Is anyone else experiencing this ?
I’m new to the Tesla team is this a common occurrence ?

I noticed my car M3 LR AWD seemed to have much less punch. I took some people for a ride during a family Christmas gathering and put the pedal down and the first thing I did after was brought up the settings to see if chill mode was on. I thought maybe it was because I had more people in the car and more weight so I tried it again heading home getting on the expressway, same thing. My SOC was above 70%, I had been driving the car so it wasn't cold, no dots for acceleration and the temp wasn't very cold (mid to upper 40s). I came on this forum to see if anyone else had noticed the same thing or if there is something maybe I'm not thinking of that would possibly be causing this.

My M3 SR+ got the latest update yesterday. All good but... the car has also received a massive reduction in power. It feels like chill mode is active all the time ? Cycling chill mode on and off makes no difference.

Is anyone else experiencing this ?
I’m new to the Tesla team is this a common occurrence ?

are you sure valet move didn’t accidentally get enabled? I’ve had that hair Owen on two different occasions somehow. First time or happened I thought something broke with my car.

I noticed my car M3 LR AWD seemed to have much less punch. I took some people for a ride during a family Christmas gathering and put the pedal down and the first thing I did after was brought up the settings to see if chill mode was on. I thought maybe it was because I had more people in the car and more weight so I tried it again heading home getting on the expressway, same thing. My SOC was above 70%, I had been driving the car so it wasn't cold, no dots for acceleration and the temp wasn't very cold (mid to upper 40s). I came on this forum to see if anyone else had noticed the same thing or if there is something maybe I'm not thinking of that would possibly be causing this.

What do you see on the energy screen when you put your foot in it? I would try a hard reset a see if that makes any difference. Two buttons on steering wheel plus brake pedal.

You can also get a device or find a friend in the area that has Dragy to capture your 0-60mph times. You may actually need a tool like this to prove your case to Tesla if nothing else is showIng up as an issue. Maybe you are not getting the same amount of voltage from the battery or something. I think when the battery is cold it will reduce power a bit as well. Being from Florida I am not sure if 40s is considered cold for these batteries. :)