Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance seats - any issues and is it worth $1000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we are about 3 1/2 wks from delivery. our MS has not entered production yet, however in my moment of weakness, i'm now thinking about performance seats. i just like the contrast red piping. we are getting black leather interior, so the interior is going to be very black. i just think the piping will help it stand out more and not look so sparse.

most of our other cars in the past 5 years have had some kind of contrast stitching and/or piping along the seats which i always have liked seeing. i don't know, maybe it's just me - i just notice those types of little details and think the subtle touches really make it stand out.

in any case, has anyone had any issues with the piping and/or alcantara inserts on the performance seats? we had a cayenne GTS not long ago with alcantara seat inserts and headliner, and never had issues with cleaning, but my kids were infants/young toddlers then.

i don't even know if it's possible at this point to add this, but wanted to get some feedback from owners with the performance seats - was it worth it? (please, no discussion over "instead of getting this/that, you should spring for an 85 or supercharging - thank you!)

The issues I've had have been with my pants scratching the leather. The alcantera has been fine, as has been the piping. When I got my car this was all part of a package, so I can't say if I would have paid 1k for them alone, but I will say that I like them.

Also, unless they've tweaked them since my build, they're not really "performance" in anything but looks. The seats don't really hold you like bucket seats would.

great thanks for the replies. @Bright - do you think white or grey piping would have been better? or do you prefer just all black seats to any sort of piping. i'm so used to seeing some kind of contrast stitching that i think all black looks so boring. we have a grey piping on ventilated black leather seats in our benz and that looks pretty sharp.

Is it worth it?

You tell me. I wanted to break up the look of the seats and I liked the grey trim on tan leather and alcantra inserts and that's what it cost. I loved the look, so I paid the price.

No one can tell you if it is worth it for you.

Is it worth it?

You tell me. I wanted to break up the look of the seats and I liked the grey trim on tan leather and alcantra inserts and that's what it cost. I loved the look, so I paid the price.

No one can tell you if it is worth it for you.

thanks. what i was interested in was whether anyone has experienced premature stains, unraveling, etc. on the piping and/or the alcantara. for example, i had one car where the piping nearest the door took a beating and turned blue from jeans.

is it worth it? probably only for looks. leather cleans easy. alcantera does not. there's nothing really "performance" about it other than maybe a slightly sportier look, subjective though. i have it because it was included in my early purchase. if I were to order today? nope.

great thanks for the replies. @Bright - do you think white or grey piping would have been better? or do you prefer just all black seats to any sort of piping.

Maybe grey... like people say it is all down to personal taste I think the red just looks like an after thought almost cheesy (again my personal opinion) and for $1k I would not have paid for it but I got my car used.

Take a trip to the showroom I am sure they will have a motor with the go fast "performance seats"