Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance suspension possible manufacturing defect and confirmed failure. Tesla will not fix.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check this tread to get a background info. Suspension problems. OEM dampers are failing.

I don't know about the other models but if you have the performance version, your suspension might be bad. So far my and a friend's suspension is bad. Not too sure about the front but the rears are bad. After 4 attempts, Tesla finally told me the dampers are indeed bad but will not be covered under warranty because I have a tow hitch. Common Tesla.

For anyone that is interested here is a video showing the excessive oscillation caused by the failed damper: Tesla Model 3 Performance with PUP. - YouTube

The crappy picture is the dyno graph of my bad damper and a good one. Red line is mine. Second pic compares both the left and right side of my dampers.

A worn damper is a safety issue and suggest you take your car in to have it replaced if your car behaves like mine. Let me warn you, you might get a lot of bullshit from Tesla stating that "it's normal."

I can only wonder which other warranty items they've voided.

Screw you Tesla..

model 3 dead damper with good damper.jpg
model 3 rear dampers.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155 and Pkmmte