Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Track Mode II (Update 2020.8.1)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

StealthP3D

Dec 12, 2018
Maple Falls, WA
Who has tried out the new Track Mode II?

I tried it out in an empty parking lot and was blown away by the way it turned my normally fast but docile car into a fire-breathing monster! Smoking burnouts and steering with the accelerator pedal crazier than any muscle car from the '60s or 70s! Instant oversteer at any speed. Tail waggin' mania! The unleashed hooligan power is unlike anything I've ever driven.

I put the power delivery to full rear-wheel bias and turned the traction and stability nannies all the way off. You had better be sharp, fully awake and know what you're doing because you can get yourself into trouble faster than you can say "watch this"! :eek:

I was under the impression this was going to be a paid upgrade but it looks like it was rolled out to all Performance models retro-actively. Even the Stealth Performance (which I have) received it at no charge. Thank you Tesla!

I got the update on Monday (3/09). Sounds interesting and would like to try it but too nervous and afraid I would do something stupid. Like you said, open parking lot and possibly wet.

Oh, boy! It doesn't need to be wet, I was on clean dry asphalt and the wheels spun up quicker than I've ever experienced in ANY car. Of course, I don't really want to be buying new tires after 20 minutes of fun so the best time to play around with it is when your tires have already seen better days and you have the replacements ready to go.